View Full Version : Where to get a taser {not online}

hammer
February 25th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Where can you get a taser thats not online. I mean a store like sunny's {there going out of business}, sport's authority or dick's. i hear some fairs and flea markets have them.

nbk2000
February 25th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Try telling us what country and state you live in and we might be able to help.

Oh, and proper sentences help with motivating people to bother with answers, since they'll know you're not some k3wL idiot who'll fuck off a potential source. ;)

droz
February 25th, 2007, 03:25 AM
I'm assuming that since you said Sports Authority or Dicks you're in the United States.

I've found in my various travels across this country that gun stores and pawn shops are very likely to have tasers. Many of them will ask for ID however to purchase them. I have also seen some Wal-Marts carrying tasers.

nbk2000
February 25th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Only the M26 or X26 TASER, manufactured by TASER International (http://www.taser.com/law/product_info/index.htm), is worth having.

Anything you may find in a pawn shop or gunstore is HIGHLY unlikely to be functional, either from a mechanical or physiological standpoint.

I've seen many things called TAZER in such places, but those are for idiot mall-ninjas who know nothing about TASER's, other than the name, and so are easily fooled into buying SHIT that sounds the same.

Also, if you're buying it used, how do you know it works properly? Sure, it might spark, but that doesn't mean shit. It could have been dropped by a cop into a lake during a chase, and dried out afterwards, only to be discovered ineffectual the next time it was used, thus why it's in a pawnshop or gunstore.

ONLY if it is brand new and in the box at a retail seller, and actually IS a TASER, would it be worth buying.

And, again, just assuming he is in the US does shit-all in helping out, since some entire states ban civilian ownership of TASER's, so knowing what state Hammer is in would be the only way to progress any further.

And there won't be any further progress unless that's the next thing I see Hammer posting, as otherwise the Beast will feed on him. :)

InfernoMDM
February 25th, 2007, 05:09 AM
The X/M26 TASER has had a few issues. The biggest issue has been jackets, sweat shirts, and baggy clothes. Add that to the bad guy doing the one thing he will naturally do when hes hit. Stop Drop Roll. It's not just for being set on fire anymore. It is by no means a bad product, but if you can carry a TASER you probably can carry mace, and mace is far more effective in my opinion.

nbk2000
February 25th, 2007, 07:09 AM
If I had the money, I'd get an animal TASER, since it has way more juice than the human TASER, and is considered lethal for human use. :)

hammer
February 25th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Oh, and proper sentences help with motivating people to bother with answers, since they'll know you're not some k3wL idiot who'll fuck off a potential source. ;)

I know not talk u are about,formualted well they are.

And I live in PA, I've heard that fairgrounds where i live have small setup shops, that have tasers and other products ordered off the internet but i was wondering if any sport shops have them. I've seen some of these setup shops having brass knuckles,batons,crossbows,swords and axes but no tasers.

droz
February 25th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I've got a funny feeling you've just became the Beasts next meal. And I'm quite sure the Beast is hungry since he's not ate since 02/25/07.

tomu
February 26th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Before I spent hard cash on an electrical gadget like a taser, I would get me a cap and ball gun, which in most states would be totaly legal.

Except from great BP revolvers like the Remington Pocket, there are also multi barreled desingns like the pepper box, the twister and other muzzleloader percussion guns available which lent themselfes to be carried concealed.

E. g. look at this site http://www.thunder-ridge-muzzleloading.com/pistol2.htm

The Kits are costing below a hundred bucks and are more reliable manstoppers than tasers. Doesn't matter if the attacker wears a leather jacket or what ever garment, except a bullet proof vest.

Unfortunately where I live multi barreld muzzleloader guns are only legal with flint locks and only flint locks don't require a CCL.

nbk2000
February 26th, 2007, 07:41 AM
TASER's allow you to capture someone without serious injure, unlike firearms where you'd have to shoot someone (possibly killing them) if they refused to acknowledge the guns threat.

An idea regarding flintlocks:

When I think of a flint, I'm thinking the kind found in lighters, not some chip of rock.

What defines a flintlock, legally? The ignition system?

If so, why not use modified cartridges that replace the primer with a steel forcing cone holding a lighter flint? Then, when impacted by the primer, the flint is forced through the forcing cone, spraying sparks into the powder, firing the round.

Thus, you still have the benefit of centerfire arms, with the legal loophole of a flintlock. :p

I remember seeing (many years ago) a semi-automatic BP rifle someone had made that used a steel needle driving into a cartridge round that had flint chips held in the primer pocket. So it is possible.

tomu
February 26th, 2007, 12:29 PM
A few years ago your work around would be legal according to then valid old gun law. The term was spark initiated muzzleloading guns.

Unfortunately the new gun law says the lock and the muzzzleloading gun must have been developed before 1871. There are muzzleloading flintlock revolvers even double-action flintlock revolvers which have been developed prior 1871 but none with an e. g. electrical firing system or a firing system you mentioned.

nbk2000
February 26th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Ever done a thorough study of patents? I'm sure that, somewhere, there is a pre-1871 patent for electric firing or something similiar to what I described.

Whether or not it was commercially sucessful is irrelevant, as long as you can show that it was conceived of prior to 1871, making it legal for you to duplicate.

tomu
February 27th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Well, I visited museums in Germany, Austria, France, Spain and the UK and talked to a lot of people being myself a member of the European Gun Collectors Federation.

There are electrical firing systems for guns invented and even produced prior to 1871. Unfortunately all were single shot or at max double barreled and almost all were long arms only a very few were single shot pistols, no multishot desings, no multibarrels nor cylinders.

There is a flint lock revolver with an ingenious double-action mechanism which is now on display at french museum, but the mechanism is complicated and therefore expensive to produce and the gun is unreliable. Also the old revolver is big, heavy and cumbersome, comparable in size and weight to a 6" .44 Magnum. Not much fun lugging it around.

The reloading mechanism for the pan to be charged with meal powder is awesome, the oldtimers were really great mechanics.

javainmycoffee
November 14th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Why worry about buying a tazer when you can make one yourself?

The circut inside Kodak disposible flash camera can make an exellent tazer. I removed all the resistors on mine and attached leads to the capacitor and now it kills cats instantly. You must remove the resistors, otherwise it just gives a little shock therapy.

Also I saw a guy on utube (I'm unable to find the video again) who simply soldered a few more capacitors on top of the existing one on the circut board.

Gammaray1981
November 18th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Firstly, this thread is months old. Secondly, I really REALLY hope you're joking about killing cats, because, quite aside from the fact that it's a useless quantitative test of power, not to mention the differences in human and cat physiology, any abuse this forum advocates is of dumb PEOPLE and LAWS, not dumb ANIMALS.

Also, not everyone has any skill with electronics. I know that I, personally, would consider myself incapable of producing anything like this: http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/hv/stungun/stungun.html
(second image on the page). So, buying something new, and guaranteed to work, is probably the first choice for everyone concerned.

ChippedHammer
November 18th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Removing the resistors wont change anything, the capacitor still becomes fully charged.

Mauser
December 9th, 2007, 11:39 PM
The circut inside Kodak disposible flash camera can make an exellent tazer.

Umm this is pointing out the obvious but the last time I checked, a flash circuit is nowhere near a Taser/stun gun. Stun guns can be used repeatedly whereas a the capacitors on the flash circuit will require recharging, which takes at least a good 5 seconds. Plus, flash circuits are unable to incapacitate anyone for more than a second or two. I've never read of anyone getting dropped to the floor by a flash circuit, although I've managed to mildly burn my fingers with one.