View Full Version : Hack attack on server of sciencemadness.org/talk

Bugger
March 4th, 2007, 09:49 PM
A few hours ago, there was a hack attack on the server hosting the Sciencemadness forum, www.sciencemadness.org/talk There is currently a message on that page to that effect. Polverone is trying to remedy it.

chemdude1999
March 4th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Good thing I backed up the LANL reports on rapidshare and my computer. I imagine there are other copies, though. Hopefully they get back up soon. Good site, although it is no roguesci.org. ;)

March 4th, 2007, 10:55 PM
yeah... I noticed that, I was there yesterday and saw it was hacked by a couple people. I was going to post about it but then thought better of it :o .

I hope we arn't next!:mad: :mad:

tmp
March 5th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Sounds like a bunch of assholes with nothing better to do. Maybe some
people familiar with hacking can get together and return the favor. Nobody's
board should come under attack simply because some idiots know they can
do it unless of course it's revenge.

c.Tech
March 5th, 2007, 03:28 AM
I recently downloaded an archive of sciencemadness, bigger then 6 gig, I tried to make a post on the forum that www.sciencemadness.org has a link to discussing the crash but it wouldn’t let me post.

If there is any missing data you madsci members notice when sciencemadness comes back up please give me a yell because I may be able to help restore it.

I suggest people use a free program called Win HTTracker to copy the most useful websites, because next time a great website goes down, it could be the government and we will probably never see it again.

Be sure to make HTTracker ignore robot txt rules, they always seem to screw with my downloads.

Don’t rape the websites by downloading them at max speed, put limitations on.

http://www.myzips.com/software/HTTracker.phtml

akinrog
March 5th, 2007, 06:53 AM
If there is any missing data you madsci members notice when sciencemadness comes back up please give me a yell because I may be able to help restore it.

I don't think it will be necessary since Polverone says he is able to download database and change the admin passwords. Moreover he also says it's seems to be an attack not to specific to sm but entire hosting company. Regards.