View Full Version : Osama Back in Crosshairs?

Kaydon
March 8th, 2007, 11:58 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,256972,00.html

So, we're just gonna keep chasing him around this damn sandbox, eh?

March 9th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I saw something like that on Sixty Minutes. They always say that they are near to capturing him or they "have a new lead", but are they really that close?

He must have some kind of moving palace or something to keep him hidden, how else could he have remained uncatchable all this time? Unless there is a soldier who is a "sand reader":D I dont think they are any closer than when they started.

TreverSlyFox
March 9th, 2007, 12:52 AM
You'll notice they suspect he's in an area along the Pakistan border. He's been bouncing back and forth between Pakistan and Afghanistan for years as the area is nothing but mountains, caves and goat trails. Osama knows the area well and used it the same way against the Russians when he was with the Mujahadeen.

He remains "uncatchable" because the locals still consider him a hero in Afghanistan and Pakistan for beating the Russians. There isn't much love for the U.S. among the local tribes in Afghanistan because of the way we abandon them once Russia left. We're changing that slowly but we have a long way to go.

In that part of the world grudges and blood feuds can carry on for generations passed on from father to son. Even if they didn't think he was "right" they would hide him because he's one of them and we are outsiders an infidels. You'll notice a $25,000,000 reward hasn't caused anyone to turn him in since 9/11. That alone says a lot.

Kaydon
March 9th, 2007, 12:33 PM
You're right, even the soldiers said the only way we're even going to catch him is if the locals trust us.

There's also neutral areas around the border, where U.S. soldiers aren't allowed to go. If we disrespect that "code", they'll never trust us. In reality, they've got us by the nuts. They are in control. That's part of the problem, but really my theory is if we disrespect them anymore than we already have, we'll never catch him. Regardless.

megalomania
March 10th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Would you trust the government to actually cough up a reward? They are notorious for reneging on their deals, or taking it all away in taxes just like a lottery prize.

If you did collect, every raghead nutjob in the world would be after you and your family for generations.

US soldiers are also ineligible to collect since it is part of their orders to get him. Why should they bother with the extra effort?

Osama has been a wanted man far longer than 911, so he knows what needs to be done to stay out of harms way. He must have perfected sticking it to the fedgov as an art form by now. He will die of old age first. I bet whoever the president is at that time will take credit for his death too... "Our dogged pursuit finally wore his health down to where Osama died at the premature age of 103."

nbk2000
March 10th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I bet they've known where he's been this whole time, but let him run loose as he's more useful to Them as a boogeyman to scare the sheeple, than sitting in prison.

Either that, or he's already dead, but They won't announce that until they need a big distraction from some political scandel ala 'Wag the Dog'.

Bugger
March 10th, 2007, 03:32 PM
NBK2000 has the right idea. Binnie has been dead since about 10th December 2001, when it is fairly certain that he died in the Tora Bora Mountains from either starvation, hypothermia, scurvy, diabetes and kidney failure (he required daily treatment for it), or bombing by U.S. warplanes. NONE of the audiotapes or videotapes of him released since then contain any material that prove his living beyond about that date and which could not have been easily forged.

But it suits the purposes of both Bu$h and his henchmen, and Al Qaeda and the Taliban, to try to maintain the myth that he is still alive by whatever means possible; in the case of Bu$h & Co., as a vote-catching bogeyman to use to divert public attention away from his corruption and dictatorial conduct and failed domestic policies, and in the case of Al Qaeda/Taliban, as a figurehead.

c.Tech
March 11th, 2007, 11:06 AM
There is a chance his been dead for a long time. With enough video and recording of his voice they could make an artificial Bin Laden to do what he does best, taking the blame for the administrations attacks.

Who really knows? He could have been dead before 9/11.

And even if he does get proven dead another artificial Arabic terrorists could be invented to 'play' the sheeple.

Kaydon
March 11th, 2007, 10:55 PM
How come some people believe Osama is dead?

Just because there's no evidence to suggest otherwise?

Couldn't that be part of his plan? He's not a retard.

I'll believe Osama is dead when I see a body and some evidence.

Bugger
March 12th, 2007, 01:15 AM
You are probably out of luck, because either his body was blown to pieces by U.S. bombing, or he is buried in a mountain cave that was sealed up by a landslide caused by U.S. bombing; or, if he died from one of the other causes I mentioned, his body would have been buried under the greatest secrecy by his henchmen.

c.Tech
March 12th, 2007, 08:36 AM
I wasn't saying that I thought he was dead, I actually think there is more of a chance that he is alive, I’m just stating the possibility of an artificial terrorist getting invented with the same effect.

joeflsts
March 12th, 2007, 08:42 PM

Because everyone needs a boogie man. In fact one mans hero is another man's boogie man - as evidenced on this very forum. To some the boogie man is a guy that wipes his ass with his hand, to another it is the government that his peers elected.

Joe

wetpowder
March 14th, 2007, 01:36 PM
If they DO know where he is, why don't we drop a small nuke on him?
Kind of clean up fast deal.

c.Tech
March 15th, 2007, 05:57 AM

Nuke = everyone hates them for it + nuclear war + can be easier done + he is more use to them alive than dead.

One of the other wars they will probably wage (Pakistani war) will use him as the excuse for another step in world domination.

Also having the threat of the fake terror organization (Al-Quida) leader (Bin Laden) still alive poses more of a threat to the world so the criminals can get along with passing their laws and oppressing the people with more support.

LibertyOrDeath
March 15th, 2007, 06:49 AM
I don't know about others here, but I don't fear Osama or terrorists at all. Not the least bit. They pose extremely little risk to my life and zero risk to my freedom.

The much bigger danger, in my view, is the US government. It is the only real danger to Americans' freedom, since only the US government makes and enforces US laws, many of which are downright tyrannical.

Kind of clean up fast deal.Two main reasons stick out:

(1) Even if such an attack did kill OBL -- and it could fail if he's hiding deep in a mountain cave -- it would kill enough innocent people to make the US even more hated internationally than it is now. That would encourage more people to cross our (wide open) borders and eventually attack us from the inside. The more enemies a nation makes, the worse its security.

(2) The environmental damage even a small nuke would cause to Pakistan -- another nuclear-armed nation -- would not be appreciated.

mil&co
March 15th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Whahaha, funny.

Seriously, even if Osama was killed in the blast, there is no way of proving he was. No, the US wants to capture him like they did with Sadam, a helpless, hopeless, heary man in some hole (preferably sometime near the elections;) ). They want to totally humiliate him, not to make a martyr out of him.

Plus, what would using a nuke do to the credibility of the US, trying to stop the nuclear programmes of N. Korea and Iran?:rolleyes:

metallicash
March 15th, 2007, 01:34 PM
I don't know about others here, but I don't fear Osama or terrorists at all. Not the least bit. They pose extremely little risk to my life and zero risk to my freedom.
Directly they don't pose any risk to you freedom, but they do indirectly. As the government is most likely to use the terrorists and what they do, as an excuse to bring out more laws to keep an even closer eye on every single one of you. The people will then think it is for the greater good as the governent is practically saying, that if we had this law this would have never happened.

LibertyOrDeath
March 16th, 2007, 08:52 AM
What you say is true, metallicash; terrorist attacks can certainly be used by the government as an excuse to restrict freedom.

Ultimately, though, I blame the government for that loss of freedom much more than I blame the terrorists. The reason is that although I disagree with the methods of Osama & Friends (i.e., targeting random civilians rather than people known to be guilty), I think that their attacks have been provoked. They don't "hate us for our freedom." They hate us because the US government is in thrall to Israel and is responsible for, among other things, enabling atrocities committed upon the residents of occupied Palestinian territories. US meddles in the Middle East and other parts of the world in a variety of ways, and that is the true cause of terrorism. Terrorism has become defined as "violence that isn't approved by Israel or its American enforcers."

Also, if the US government really believed in "inalienable rights" (the very concept this country was founded upon), then it wouldn't matter if a nuke was going off in a US city every month; there would still be no compromise on freedom here. Unfortunately, most of my fellow Americans are too cowardly to prefer freedom to security. They think they'll live forever if they'll just turn over their dignity and manhood to the government and live like good little sheep in a pen. :mad:

That's my rant for the day... :D

Jacks Complete
March 16th, 2007, 12:58 PM
If terrorists didn't exist, the governments would create them. Oh, wait...