View Full Version : Question Regarding "Moldable" Explosives

Shadowstriker
March 24th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Hello,

Obviously I am extremely new here, and I have a question regarding a possible explosive. I'll introduce myself though first, so that you may have a better understanding of me. I live in the United States, and I'm an amateur at explosives and the sort. I've only had experience with a very limited amount of explosives due to several things such as; availability of materials, lack of experience, etc. One of my personal favorite "explosives" to work with is thermite, and I have had the most experience with it. This is due to the simplicity of creating it, and simply how fun it is to use. Unfortunately I cannot offer much helpful advise for threads here due to lack of knowledge and experience, but I hope to become a contributing member while I learn and experience more in this field. Enough about me, and onto my question.

I was wondering if anyone knew of an explosive that can be made relatively easily (at least having instructions somewhere on how to make it), and more importantly being able to be molded into virtually any shape by hand. Not something as powerful as C-4 though but similar, if at all possible. Also relatively easy to detonate, possibly with a simple explosive cap or a fuse. When giving advice as far as explosives and the sort that would meet this criteria, if you know how dangerous it would be to make it could you please share that information. Finally, if you do have instructions or a link could you please list that, if not I'll resort to my best friend, Google.

Sidenote: I did search the forum first.

Thank you a lot for all your help. I'll share my experiences as I learn more and more, and will become a contributing member of this community.

-Shadow

knowledgehungry
March 24th, 2007, 11:39 PM
[Dripping with sarcasm] Use vaseline and a chlorate, it can be detonated with a fuse and is more powerful than C-4...[/Dripping with sarcasm]

Search for plastic explosive, this is what you are looking for, depending on the amount of plasticizer and components you will have from almost solid explosives to those with the consistency of putty. I am sure you will have plenty of reading due to the hundreds of posts on the topic.

nbk2000
March 25th, 2007, 01:10 AM
If you had done a search, you wouldn't be asking this question in the first place, and you'd know better than to make your first post outside of the Water Cooler.

Bye-bye.