View Full Version : Seymore Lecker - k3wL or Expert?

nbk2000
March 26th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Someone purporting to be Seymour Lecker, author of such 3LL+3 titles as:

Improvised Explosives: How To Make Your Own (and others ('http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/002-7953212-5872004?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=Seymour%20Lecker'))

has been PM'ing me and mega, to whine about our alleged piracy of his fine books. :rolleyes:

The gist of his PM's is that he doesn't give a shit if we're "naughty", since he's getting paid. :mad:

I figure that when an author is more concerned with how much money he gets paid for his book, and not on the books worth, than that writer is nothing more than a hack.

Some relevant quotes by Amazon buyers of his books:

Do not expect too much..,
A waste of time, money, effort, very disappointing, a sham
Three BARELY pertinent pages out of 34?
Lecker outdoes himself in the information he DOESN'T provide,

Deadly Brew is one of a series of books by Seymour Lecker, which I hope is a pseudonym. Contained within is simply a list, probably pinched from an OSHA guide, of reactive liquid chemicals that may explode when mixed. Period. Persons wanting a how-to guide with step - by -step instructions for collecting, assembling and employing a binary chemical Improvised Explosive Device will be sorely, sorely disappointed. If this book is representative of Mr. Lecker's other work, you would be well - advised to think hard before shelling out any serious money for any copy in any condition.

So I put it to the masses to vote on the legitimacy of the information in his books.

WMD
March 26th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Considering what I've seen of his books, I understand he's concerned that people might see them before they've decided whether to buy them. I wouldn't mind if people stopped distributing them, as they're a waste of bandwidth but I find it irritating for the author to complain about piracy when a lot of the "info" is copied from other sources.

knowledgehungry
March 26th, 2007, 12:08 PM
It would be pretty sad if RS got sued over copyright infringement, over low quality, low priced books like this rather than the Merck Index or Urbanski's....

nbk2000
March 26th, 2007, 08:35 PM
As I explained to the ding-dong, RS doesn't have any of his publications on our server, only links, and not even ones that are valid any longer, so there's nothing that can be done about it. :p

Sausagemit
March 27th, 2007, 08:01 PM
I tried reading one of his books (don't worry, I didn't pay for it) and I lost interest in the first few pages. This guy is a freaking moron.

tmp
March 28th, 2007, 05:32 AM
That's the BEST thing I can say. Don't upload these books to the FTP for I
will surely be pissed off ! From what I've read these books are a rehash of
the Anarchist's Cook Book with a few correct items thrown in. I emphasize
FEW because most of ACB's information will either dissapoint or KILL the
reader ! Forget those books - the REAL information is here on the Forum !

megalomania
March 28th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I bought one of his books a long time ago. Wow, a long list of chemicals that when mixed are potentially explosive. What a complete waste of money. If that is the best Paladin Press can come up with I am not sorry to see their books get shitcanned. Nobody wants to see censorship of anything, but that stuff isn't accurate anyway, so we are not actually out anything but in principle.

Charlie Workman
March 29th, 2007, 02:46 AM
I bought one of his books years ago. It was the last one I did. The best I can say is he's one step up from Kephart, but only one. Israeli EOD instructor, indeed. I don't know what he's complaining about. All his stuff went out of print when Paladin stopped selling boom books. It's not cutting him out of any royalties, anyway. He already got more than his books were worth.

teshilo
March 29th, 2007, 12:25 PM
:Lamer lamer and lamer His books contain very very DANGER information:D :D

Cobalt.45
March 29th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Paladin Press is the one of the origional First Amendment rapists who buckled under to the authorities when one of their books was linked to a (double?) murder.

I would sooner lick the third rail than have anything to do with them, or their worthless publications.