View Full Version : Tetraacetone Tetraperoxide

simply RED
May 5th, 2007, 09:12 AM
There was a pdf article concerning Tetraacetone Tetraperoxide synthesis with tin tetrachloride (7 Euro for 200 ml here) as a catalysator. Back in 2002 as I remember...

Unfortunately I lost the file and can not find it on the hard drive, neither in the net. Does somebody have the article?
I would like to try TeATP because it was written in the article that this primer is less sensitive and more powerful than TATP, but gives the same good yield.

Does somebody have any experience with TeATP? I guess it would be something similar to DPPP in physical properties and sensitivity?

zeppelin69
May 5th, 2007, 01:59 PM
There was a thread on this awhile back. http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/showthread.php?t=490&highlight=tetra+ap

I doubt that it will help you much though, but personaly I don't think the pdf would either, it looks like this stuff is just a bunk as DPPP.

simply RED
May 5th, 2007, 06:52 PM
pdf nowhere found...

nbk2000
May 5th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Anonymous delivers! :D

(4chan joke...)

Attachment removed because it was corrupted.

simply RED
May 6th, 2007, 07:33 AM
The archive is damaged...

I found the pdf in the net, thanks anyway.

http://www.rsc.org/publishing/journals/article.asp?doi=a809955c
Free access, click on the pdf.

Beauford
August 19th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Has anyone had success with the Sn4+ synthesis? I appear to be getting a good yield of TATP, not TrATrP.

Alexires
August 21st, 2008, 02:41 AM
Beauford - Perhaps you would like to post a write up of your experiment using Tin as a catalyst?

It might just stop that ban you have coming from the Necromancy you just committed to ask such a question.

Beauford
August 22nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Alexires,

I'm afraid your last message was too cryptic for this particular junior member.

++++++++++++++++++++

Don't sign your posts. - The_Duke

thelasttrueone
September 20th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Alright, since this has gone too long without saying by a mod I will explain. Necromancy is asking questions of those who are long gone. If you look at the poster above your first post you will see why you are never going to get an answer. However adding new info (your synth notes) is acceptable, which is why Alexires was so magnanimous as to allow you to make up for your blunder.

Alexires
September 21st, 2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks for that, thelasttruone. Idiots like these don't tend stick in my mind for too long :rolleyes:.

My mercy only goes so far, though. Regardless of not being able understand the concept of "Necromancy", I asked for a write up and I don't see a write up.

The Gods must be appeased, so Beauford's right to breathe has now been revoked.

waveguider
September 27th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe ''Nuclearrabbit'' tried the synthesis but was completely unsuccessful.
He can be contacted via:
googling ''youtube nuclearrabbit''
I sent him a message and hopefully he well pop round soon, he's a cool guy so I'm sure he'll be more than helpful.

Simply RED mentioned DPPP, wasn't there a huge article on DPPP and eventually someone tested it and realized it was just plain AP?

I could be wrong.

Cobalt.45
September 27th, 2008, 10:03 PM
...wasn't there a huge article on DPPP and eventually someone tested it and realized it was just plain AP? I could be wrong.I recall something like that, too. IIRC, it not only turned out to be TATP, but the dimer form, as well.:p