View Full Version : Burying Chemicals

arnold
May 30th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I've got a problem. Soon I won't have any place to store my chemicals. I can't do it at home and my every friend refused too. So I'm considering burrying chemicals in a waterproof plastic bucket, protected with bags, silicone , silica gel, and tape. Is it suffiecient? Any suggestions?

Bratva
May 30th, 2007, 03:00 PM
You may want to consider listing what chemicals you want to bury, as this would surely effect the method of storage, as well as possible issues that would arise, such as incompatible substances.

nbk2000
May 30th, 2007, 03:06 PM
The question of access is important too.

How often would you be needing to get into this stash? If it'd be frequently, then burial wouldn't be appropriate. If it's to store excess inventory beyond that you have immediate need for, then yes, bury it.

cracker
May 31st, 2007, 06:51 PM
Many members here might question the value of this thread. I however am not one of "Them".

The Idea you have proposed I have been exercising for many years of my life or since 1996 anyway. This was the year of my First Felony Arrest and Conviction.

By ruthlessly and relentlessly following a "burial system",
I have been storing Pyrotechnic and Scientific Chemicals Underground since I was released from my incarceration those some 11 years ago.

By "dura-packaging" like the suggestion below, I have one hundred percent successfully stored over 300 different Chemical Reagents. Never with any damaged product and yes I live in a very wet area.

(bagging and rebagging 3 Times in Freezer Ziplock's. Then bagging that 5 times and tying each bag, Sealing that in a 5 gallon or 30 gallon Bucket or Drum. Then finally wrapping the Drum in 3 separate bags to be sure it comes out of the Ground clean.)

I personally choose to store 3 even amounts carefully distributed throughout my Country's Homeland. Always replenishing the 4th area (main use storage) to be sure that I almost never have to dig.

I have since personally experienced police searches of my things and area's many times since I started applying this precaution to my business and everyday life and I can tell you there is nothing quite like sitting in jail on an investigation hold and then being released 3 days later. All while laughing at the Police.:p "Its like sitting on Hog Status Baby!":D

What ever burial method is used it cannot be successful in "eluding" unless it is actually carried through.

I have talked of this in the past here>http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/showthread.php?t=5996

I'v said it before and Ill say it again.........

"One Day 50 Pounds Of 99.7% High-Purity/Magnalium Flash Will "Resurface" The Earth's Crust To Once Again Wreak Havoc Among Men."

nbk2000
May 31st, 2007, 07:25 PM
Plastic bags are cheap, so use lots of 'em, eh? :)

The other good thing about having redundant caches is that you don't have to hit them all, which keeps any piggy surveillance from discovering all your stashes.

bobsuruncle
June 1st, 2007, 07:03 AM
Obviously, dont store incompatibles together, so keep primaries, acids and corrosives separate. Maybe use a cool box? You dont want any contaminants mixing their way in either.

arnold
June 1st, 2007, 07:52 AM
Is the cool box sufficiently waterproof?

Cracker, you don't use any silica gel?

How long can I store acids?

My stash : glycol, PE, sodium azide, lead nitrate, hexamine, DMSO, benzidine, chloral hydrate, sulfur, aluminium, aceton, acids, potasium carbonate, urea, potassium ferrocyanide, potassium chlorate, nitrometahne, EGDN, Pb azide caps, petn, maybe rezorcinol or TNR.

cracker
June 2nd, 2007, 12:46 PM
Cracker, you don't use any silica gel?

I don't, not because a don't believe in it, but because I have had such good success with the simple "re-rap" or "dura-rap" method I use.

I have found over the years that the most important thing is to just carry through with the burial. It's very easy to say "I can do it tomorrow" or "I will when the barrel is full" Etc.

Any extra precautions like a Desiccant is always a good Idea. I have also been known to occasionally dip my packages to be buried in liquid roof rubber to ensure a total seal.

knowledgehungry
June 2nd, 2007, 03:08 PM
One thing I would recommend is using GPS coordinates to mark your burials. It can be easy to forget where you hid something. Especially in the woods where weather and time will completely change how the place looks.

arnold
June 11th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Cracker, tell me how long did you store the stuff underground???

One obvious danger is that the place may be urbanized or something like that, houses may be built....

Any suggestions and/or expirience in guns & ammo caching ???

cracker
June 11th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I choose to have a 2 year limit of any chemical storage if possible. This helps to rotate stock, & re-fresh packaging. This also allows me to advance in my techniques or skills applied to my every day "security", by constantly planning and strategizing new locations and ideas to elude.

As far as the threat of development or "compromise" of the package, this is always a possibility.

For these reason's endangered or game reserves can often be a good location, or possibly an elderly couples property, with which you have no relation or ties of course. :p

While were on the subject of being careful I would also like to point out that I believe it is also a good idea to keep the package as evidence free as possible. Use unmarked plain plastic bags, use rubber gloves when packaging and handling, and always repack chemical labels or jars if necessary to keep anonymous.

Yup, Iv had a Smith-n-Wesson under the dirt before, for a few months but mostly just "High Power Oxidizers" and occasionally, "Green" Drugs;)