View Full Version : Torrent: Thedisease.com entire FTP

Mr Science
June 3rd, 2007, 03:42 AM
http://rapidshare.com/files/34943995/TehDisease.torrent
Ammunition, boobytraps, chemistry, combat, electronics and computers, energy and fuel, engineering and counter mobility and transportation and logistics, environmental operations, exotic weapons, explosives, firearms, forensics information and smuggling, gear, guerrilla warfare and terrorism, gunnery, gun smithing, how-to, humor, intelligence and counter intelligence and recon, interrogation and psychology, knives and swords, law enforcement, marksmanship and sniping, martial arts, medical, military reference and history, nanotechnology, NBC, physics, political, revenge and anarchy, robotics, rocketry, spytech, survival, tracking and evasion, training and fitness, unauthorized entry and physical security, vehicles, and workshop are included in this torrent. It is a 15.7GB torrent, and I can only up around 6GB/day, so please be patient, and seed seed seed!
So, if anyone is a little behind on downloading stuff from the rapidshare link thread to add to their own archives, this will very much so help :).

Defendu
June 3rd, 2007, 04:09 AM
If you're going to haxor thedisease, at least get the domain name right.

It's http://www.thedisease.net/

Mr Science
June 3rd, 2007, 04:16 AM
How is it hacking? I paid for FTP bandwidth, and its not like any of it is your property anyways, so what matters?

The_Duke
June 3rd, 2007, 04:38 AM
Actually, it is our property. We (the members of RogueSci) are the ones that scanned, compiled and created most of those books and files.... :rolleyes:

nbk2000
June 3rd, 2007, 05:37 AM
There's much irony in ripping off the people who ripped us off. :p

Of course, this has already been discussed before.

Defendu
June 3rd, 2007, 05:59 AM
And how is it hacking?

I use "haxor" as shorthand for any use of computers that I don't like to explain in depth.

Actually, it is our property.

How can it be "our/your" property moreso than the authors of the material in question?

Defining information as property is problematic.

nbk2000
June 3rd, 2007, 03:51 PM
It's 'Our' property in the collective sense.

A lot of it was authored by RS members, and upped for-free on their websites or here.

Then the disease came along and started charging for it on their website.

We rightlfully got up their ass about that, and they agreed to stop charging for it, and we got yet another place to act as a backup to our files. :)

But all this went down before you were a member, defendu.

defiant
June 11th, 2007, 05:34 PM
I've uploaded somewhere around a third of what's on thedisease ftp, and it was ripped, scanned, assembled, bought, or acquired from sites other than roguescience. I'd estimate that Defendu uploaded another third.

Neither of us joined roguescience until thedisease ftp was well established.
Some 50 files roguesci files were obtained through a non-official roguesci ftp. Can't speak authoritatively on what transpired prior to my joining thedisease -but as far as I'm aware the first ftp was run on ruiner's home computer after I joined and it was free. It still is free to Defendu, myself, and a few others who made the effort to contribute.

Anyway, I've been uploading to both sites equally (or to neither as of late due to wifi access difficulties). The noose hasn't tightened for most of us yet, but the police state/world is here and in my opinion is going to get a hell of a lot worse. Its the filesharing that's important.

Mr Science
September 1st, 2008, 01:13 AM
In light of TMP's current FTP situation, what better time to start a huge torrent with thousands of files? :)

It all successfully fit into one torrent, because I .rar'ed every folder. It was the only option I had to keep the actually torrent file from being several megabytes (and TPB and other trackers refusing it then). And now, instead of being 30GB, it is now 80GB. I would say 75-80% of the filespace is videos. But do not get me wrong, there are hundreds, if not thousands of books still on here.

I'll try to make a filelist in the next few days, and put it on rapidshare and the FTP.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4372796/Mega_Combat_Weaponry_Tactics_Torrent

megalomania
September 2nd, 2008, 08:00 PM
Ugg, I grabbed tis collection from the FTP and I have been sifting out the duplicated books already in my collection for weeks now :( They did one good thing though, they renamed a lot of the files better than what I had.

Mr Science
September 2nd, 2008, 09:38 PM
Yeah, lots of duplicates with me as well...I just keep this FTP separate from my library on my HD. This torrent is perfect for the newer members who don't know where to start for downloading files, or who do not have current access to the FTP. While does have a substantial amount of the duplicate files for the rest of us with larger collections on our own hard drives, I would say this is a good torrent for those who want to get up to speed with the rest of us, in terms of the volume and selection offered in this torrent.