View Full Version : Flash

Knoxville
June 15th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Is there anywhere to get a oxidizer to mix with AL to make some flash?

I have 10# of AL powder sitting at home. I went online a few weeks ago to get some Perch on the way and bammmm noooo one is selling anymore.

That raises the question, is there any good recipes on something that I could substitute? Any suggestions on something that I could acquire would be appreciated.

Knox

Shalashaska
June 15th, 2007, 01:53 PM
For Fuck's sake....

Is there anywhere to get a oxidizer to mix with AL to make some flash?
Yes.

I went online a few weeks ago to get some Perch on the way and bammmm noooo one is selling anymore.
And by "no one," you mean UnitedNuclear? UN is the only website that pussied out from the CPSC lawsuit. But who really cares anyway... 8 oz. for $12? Fuck that to the max.

...is there any good recipes on something that I could substitute?
Usually when someone asks questions like this on a forum, I look up the 20 links and post them all in a sequence, just to show them how retardingly easy it is to get information for yourself. Wow, yes. There are many "recipes" you could substitute. Goddamn, man, there are search engines on every explosive forum I know of. This is just blatant laziness. May the HED be fast and painless, though it never is....

Rbick
June 15th, 2007, 03:04 PM
The government is so ridiculous. Oh no... I can't buy KCLO4 for FLASH POWDER! Well I'll just go buy some acetone, pool cleaner and hydrogen peroxide from k-mart and make something that is exponentially more powerful! Idiots... Sorry, I had to vent.

Anyway, if you don't get booted, try using Potassium Permanganate. I've never seen it in action but people say it is as powerful as KCLO4. You can buy it at Fleet Farm or where ever for fish tanks in 5 pound quantities for around 16 United States dollars. Or just order some off e-bay. There are many other oxidizers you can buy in large quantities or create in your own lab.

But Knoxville, PLEASE use the SEARCH ENGINE before starting a new thread. There are a million of them on this subject. Also, for your sake, research the chemistry behind oxidizer/fuel mixtures and understand how and why it works. Also be aware of the sensitivity of the mixtures you are working with. When I started this hobby, I was lucky to never have any accidents, but not everyone is this lucky. Understand and research before you start throwing random crap together, or we may end up calling you stumpy.

Gammaray1981
June 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Dare I say it, but you are dead as soon as the Boss gets here. Unless He's feeling nice... which I doubt.

In answer to your questions, "Is there ..." the answer is yes, there is somewhere, it's known as the average hardware store - pretty much any oxidiser will do.

As for "something you could substitute" - not really. The term "oxidiser" covers pretty much every possible substance that you could add to Al powder to make "flash powder".

nbk2000
June 15th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Been a member for a year and still doesn't know to UTFSE? :rolleyes:

It's so repetitious squashing people for such stupid mistakes. A whole thread, filled with hundreds of prior banned fuck-ups to learn from, and still they do it. :mad: