View Full Version : Acquiring Animal Organs

Killian
August 8th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Where and how do you acquire animal organs? I've done everything but call farms asking for a stab at a sooner-or-later animal carcass(fresh)!

You know.. for experiments.

With that being said; I've done plenty of searching on the laws of acquirement and distribution of animal organs and keep coming up with nothing. Perhaps it's the key wording or such, but I'm coming up broke. Any information regarding state and/or national organ acquirement policies and laws?

An added bonus would be methods of purchasing without coming off like a total fruit cake. Student surgeon looking for practice comes to mind.

Hopefully I'm not the only one with such a curious nature. :o

P.s. - I wasn't sure which category this would fit in. My apologies if it's incorrectly placed.

chemdude1999
August 8th, 2007, 09:45 PM
If you don't mine previously frozen items, try a large grocery store that has a large Black customer base. They often have beef hearts, kidneys, brains, chicken parts, whole chickens, whole rabbits, etc. The kidneys smell like piss.

If they ask, tell them you are feeding your dog a raw diet and need a varied organ meat portion. Don't be afraid to ring the bell by the meat counter. Be nice. They can really help you out.

By the way, all this stuff is usually dirt cheap.

The other alternative is go kill your own.

oxbeast
August 9th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Just ask at any butchery.

I used to buy the stuff all the time too feed my Rottweilers.

Lots of Weight Lifters eat organs for the higher protein content as well.

Quite often you can get the organs before they have been frozen.

They normally have Kilo prices on the different types of Organ meat.

Lastly sometimes hunters dump the organs along the road. If you know any hunters just ask them.

Gerbil
August 9th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Ask a friendly butcher. Just out of interest, I'm curious what you want them for :p

Hirudinea
August 9th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Do you want them for target practice, stabing tests, stuff like that? Then you want a whole carcas and you should look for wholesale butchers, slaughterhouses, if you want small animals look for exotic pet stores and say your feeding a large snake, they sell small frozen rodents for that purpose. As for the organs, what they said above.

WWII
August 9th, 2007, 09:32 PM
A watermelon has the same consistency as the human head.

One bag of apples makes it alittle hard to bayonet but once in, has the same feeling as human body mass.

A bag of squash and cucumbers can be used as the human legs for slashing and bayoneting.

3 apples in a clean pair of socks from a dollar store can be used as the human feet.

The best thing about it is that none of it arouses suspicison like at a meat plant also the fruits and vegetables are a whole alots more healthy to eat and you can buy steak at the store to get your daily protein intake.

but really, I think you don't need to go to all of that excess because bayonet training is really simple and based on simple mechanics. Nothing of the fancy sort.

Keep it simple, soldier. ( K.I.S.S. ) and Do your American duty to kill those arabic terrorists.

Semper Fi, Do or Die, Gung Ho :cool:

Killian
August 10th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Just out of interest, I'm curious what you want them for :p

I may have been misguiding. It's actually for experimental abstract art. ;) A cattle heart in particular. And no, it's not for the ol' in-out, in-out. :p

Regardless of my interest, the question and answers seem forum productive. I appreciate the time and effort you all took to answer my question. The usages and alternative answers were thought provoking in the least.

megalomania
August 13th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I used to have a catalog that sold animal organs for dissection. They even sold human brains, which are, alas, much harder and more expensive to purchase nowadays. The scientific supply route is more expensive, but they come preserved.

I used to have a cows heart once. I got it from a girl in my class after the 4th grade science fair. It drove my mother crazy, so it didn't stick around too long. I still blame my mom for the disappearance of my sheep brain too :(

Ooh, the science fair... there are some painful memories. Some of us don't have a mechanical engineer for a father who can hand build a clockwork pendulum out of wood. How's a kid with a model of the solar system made out of playdough supposed to compete with THAT?!? In the fifth grade he built a working pipe organ, another first place, and in the sixth he had a working model of a Hero's engine.

I don't let my bitterness affect me too much. Now I just judge local and even the state science fair looking for kids to rip into with faulty scientific methods and projects that look like they were done by their fathers.

I learned two things as a judge: 1, too many girls do the "which laundry detergent works best" project without adhering to any decent experimental methodology, and 2, glitz and glamor are the ways to win a science fair because the judges don't have the time to read your 20 page report, a fabulous first impression goes a long way. But I digress...

anonymous411
August 13th, 2007, 10:30 PM
In Chinatown markets, you can get everything from ducks' tongues to rooster testicles. I've seen whole hogs' heads, pork uterus, eyes, bladders, intestines, brains, you name it. If you're interested in dissection, you can pick up suckling pigs and frogs for a lot less than Carolina Supply.

nbk2000
August 14th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Also, corporations have used the college-level science fairs as fertile hunting grounds for ideas to steal from bright minds without the resources to sue them for it. :p

Hitech_Hillbilly
August 15th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Not sure of your location, but cow hearts can be found in Walmart stores grocery section in the South. They eat them down here.