View Full Version : Ginseng Weakening

PPVGINA
November 22nd, 2007, 03:05 PM
Hey guys. I'm glad to be a part of this forum. For my first post I'd like to pitch an idea with ginseng as a muscle weakener.

Not too long ago I tried a "Nos" energy drink and I had heard that ginseng was a muscle relaxant, to my surprise after a while when the chemical got in my system I noticed that I had a hard time writing straight. In which brought me to my point. In large doses Ginseng may be able to render a target useless for a short point of time. depending how it is absorbed into the body.

Since ginseng is a legal chemical, and can be grown or bought. Tell me what you guys think and leave feedback please. Thank You!:)

robinhood1532
November 22nd, 2007, 05:51 PM
A simple Google search of "ginseng poisoning" turned up an article mentioning "ginseng abuse syndrome": http://medherb.com/Materia_Medica/Panax_ginseng_abuse.htm
The above article describes a syndrome that results from a prolonged overuse of ginseng. The primary side effect is elevated blood pressure and the article does not mention anything about muscle weakness. The shaking of your hand is most likely due to a massive doses of caffeine from the energy group. It took me about five minutes to find the above article, so more research may be in order, but from what I found, ginseng does not look like an effective muscle weakener.