View Full Version : Reimer Training and Doctrine Digital Library reims survivalists and insurgents alike

Tom Sawyer
February 7th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Just like the infernal www.doctrine.usmc.mil site which continually times out for those not located in the US, and the USAF doctrine site which does the same thing, the US army's own version, the Reimer Training and Doctrine Digital Library (access via www.train.army.mil) appears to be off limits to those without an AKO account.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted and I gotta say I have systematically plundered it several times.

I guess the lesson in here is that if you find an online source, exploit it immediately because it may not be there the next day.

hatal
February 7th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Good work. But where's the "harvest"?

Bugger
February 8th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Yes, I have noticed that several sites, thrown up by Google as having lots of U.$. military manuals, even allowing access to the download pages, were in fact "secure" sites which required an "AKO" log-in and password in order to download anything. Does anyone here have an AKO log-in name and password, please? Do you think it would be best to access and download through an U$-based proxy-server (which looks essential for www.doctrine.usmc.mil , at least for those outside the U$A)?

joffe
March 2nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Things might not be so bleak after all. Seems like this attempt at classifying everything has pissed off more than a few.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/22/AR2008022202773.html

Hirudinea
March 2nd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Score one for the good guys, although I must admit I'm a bit sad about losing the chance to make "ass-Reimer" jokes.