View Full Version : Taplight landmines

A-BOMB
November 29th, 2001, 09:53 AM
You all have seen these lights that you push the top and they light (I had a url for the site that sells them) so it is a allmost premade landmine just take it apart and pull out the light bulb and grind of the tip and fill with AP or HDMT and fill the rest of the body with ANFO or ANHM snap back together put in batterys and bury. So thats my idea for today.

------------------

live by the bomb
die by the bomb
------------------
And come to my not so done SITE HERE (http://paintball-and-stuff.freesevers.com)

Energy84
November 29th, 2001, 03:34 PM
Whoa, man, that's a wicked idea! Simple as hell too! I'm gonna have to remember that one...
So, who's gonna test it out? hehehe

------------------
why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?

Anthony
November 29th, 2001, 04:04 PM
As long as they use an actual bulb and not an LED.

You could use them to replace exisiting buttons on equipment. Or stick one to a wall in a public place, maybe with a sticker above it saying "do not press".

CyclonitePyro
November 29th, 2001, 07:45 PM
Grinding the bulb seems too time and effort consuming without cracking the thing, just stick an ignitor in place of the bulb, and if the voltage isn't high enough add a nine volt to whatever battery type they use.

------------------
"Friends don't let friends play with
Nitrogen Triiodide"

Madog555
November 29th, 2001, 07:54 PM
Badass idea...

i like it!

------------------
"True freedome is not without anarchy"

A-BOMB
November 29th, 2001, 08:01 PM
Ya isn't it. It just came to me while looking for a replacement bulb for the one in my gunsafe.

------------------

live by the bomb
die by the bomb
------------------
And come to my not so done SITE HERE (http://paintball-and-stuff.freesevers.com)

nbk2000
November 29th, 2001, 08:39 PM
Just fill it up with AP. Why bother with ANFO and detonators when it can be so simple?

How much do they cost in bulk anyways? $1 or less each?

A little silicon sealant around the edges and it should be fairly waterproof.

------------------
"I have begun evil, I shall end evil. That is the end that awaits me."

Go here (http://briefcase.yahoo.com/nbk2ooo) to download the NBK2000 files and videos.

Mr Cool
November 30th, 2001, 05:52 AM
If the ones you're thinking about are the same as the ones I'm thinking about you'll have to be bloody careful. They can be very sensitive...

------------------
"Nothing makes a man fear much, more than to know little." - Francis Bacon.

A-BOMB
November 30th, 2001, 08:50 AM
Ya AP would work and you get them for about .50 cents each if you buy a shipping crate of 1000 and they sell them in stores for 6 for $19 USD!

------------------

live by the bomb
die by the bomb
------------------

Agent Blak
December 6th, 2001, 02:38 PM
make it claymore style.
3 layers of 3/8 steel balls, on the doampaint the inside of the doam wih white paint so it hides what inside. Use AP putty in the bulb and NC/PeTN with some acetone to make it cast well. Great idea.

------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back
And, Shoot'em In The Dark"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

Go <a href="http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/agent_blak">here</a> to download my files.

DaRkDwArF
December 20th, 2001, 06:19 AM
I found them for $3 AU (about $1.60 US) each today, I think I'll invest in 5 or so to do some testing, even a .12ga pointing stright up so it takes the foot off a target would be an idea

------------------
Do or Do Not, there is no Try

NoltaiR
December 20th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Nice idea, but would it work well in the field? How long do you think these things would last (in place of a military landmine) setting in the ground before the dirt would corrode the casing? Possibly wrapping them in aluminum foil may solve this (or a hell of a lot of silicon sealant) for a while.. as long as the explosive you are using lasts a while...
The great side to this is with a little work, they can be made to avoid metal detectors that the enemy would use normally to find the military grade mines (you may need to leave out the aluminum foil idea..) so long as you can make it work without a battery... this can be solved possibly by wireless transmission of energy (anyone heard of Nikola Tesla?)

------------------
A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither.
-Thomas Jefferson

A-BOMB
December 20th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Thats easy just go out it to hillbilly land and look in all the old stores till you find a store that has those old paper cased batteries and cut all but a little bit of the metal off the end (just anothe to get eletrical contact) and use very thin wires or carbon rods, to the igniter.

------------------
live by the bomb
die by the bomb
------------------

PYRO500
December 20th, 2001, 01:58 PM
If you are looking to make this thing metal detector proof you are looking in the wrong directon, military mines don't use battery's not only for that reason but they have a shelf life, and they aren't as reliable as the impact and chemichal initiators they use, I don't think corrosion will be a problem with the thing unless it gets wet and the internals get destroyed witch a little plastic wrap could fix. the things are literally just plastic. if you are looking for a tesla solution to not need battery's you will never get that to work if Tesla couldn't (well, short of radiowaves) you cant.

------------------
visit my web page at:
[URL=http://www.geocities.com/pyro2000us/]

DaRkDwArF
December 21st, 2001, 07:33 AM
simple solution: make them the night before you use them, if it's a planned attack (all I'd use these things for) then you can plant them at all exits and on walls where doorknobs will hit, etc...

------------------
Do or Do Not, there is no Try

Agent Blak
December 22nd, 2001, 01:37 AM
When the jack booted thugs come gunning for you you have to remember the tactics: BlitzKreige(Lighting War)-They use speed to over whelm you.
This means that they will not be tippy-toeing around paying close attention to opening doors gently. One person here said that they are all just adreniline junkies. use this to your advantages; High stressif they utilize speed as a main weapon and they can't use if the bomb squad has to come in for every door = more time for you to give them the slip.

Do or do not;
there is no try.
--Master Yoda of the grand jedi legancey

nice choice DwArF.

------------------
A wise man once said:
"If You Dance With The Devil,
The Devil Don't Change The devil will Change you"
Agent Blak-------OUT!!

Go <a href="http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/agent_blak">here</a> to download my files.

vehemt
December 23rd, 2001, 02:53 AM
To decrease sensitivity you could replace the spring inside.

To protect them, just seal all cracks with sealant (rubber cement, silicon sealant, whatever).

The sealant between the dome switch and main body would also decrease sensitivity.

As they are, they could easily explode from the weight of soil you use to hide them.

Dont forget to be a responsible miner and mark the locations of the mines on a map for future removal.

TheShadow
December 28th, 2001, 11:45 AM
actually assuming this is a real light bulb you could inject a gas into it and when the light goes onit lights the gas, same premice but eisier, actually you can do that with real light bulbs, but you have to seal the hole you make cus it must be a vacuum

(Enough with your KeWl nonsense, putting gasoline in a tiny taplight bulb will likely do nothing only in the Anarchist's KeWl Book do lightbulb "BoMbZ" explode in real life a lightbulb filled with "gasoline" will probably not have enough air to even burn. and with a vacuume it is more likely to do nothing, not a good first post)

[This message has been edited by PYRO500 (edited December 28, 2001).]

EP
March 16th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Sorry to bump an old topic, but for waterproofing you could skip all the silicone sealant stuff and just use a good sized ziplock bag or two. I've got a few lights, and once my supplies are replenished this summer I plan on testing this idea. Maybe I can find a RC car to run over it...

nbk2000
March 17th, 2002, 12:29 AM
I'd toss in a couple of dissicant capsules to prevent an moisture condensation inside of the bag from possibly shorting out the taplight.

frostfire
September 2nd, 2002, 04:19 PM
I believe most of us had touched the idea in the early days.
I recalled trying the similar concept with R/C power panel, a simple glow plug and/or light bulb device and just about a tip of a spatula AP. It worked wonder with slightest finger press or foot press.
I never go any further, but the simplicity had kept me wondering if an improvised "bouncing betty" can me made with such method.

A-BOMB
September 2nd, 2002, 10:02 PM
Well lets see, I just got some more taplights and a digital camera so fun time here again.