View Full Version : 4barrel electricaly fired gizmo

smokey
March 8th, 2003, 05:38 PM
heres another toy that has been built by a fellow reasercher
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/elmgrove1765/project4/project4.html" target="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/elmgrove1765/project4/project4.html</a>
this may be legal in some states though i would advise you to check with you local law enforcement if you were to contemplate building this device

I_am_the_Black_one
March 13th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Nice... I like the AR-15 reciver does any one know where to locate free plans for Semi-auto/automatic weapons i was thinking of building a few Maybe when i get my post up a bit il staet a new thread
Any one with ideas can u plz email me at grantnrussell@yahoo.com.au

I will be posting pictues of my elc det tear gas launcher soon as i get a digital cam

Gargoylebrother
April 8th, 2003, 06:59 AM
Hmmmm seems like a very long time for the gun to fire .25sec to.3sec thats a long time if you think about it have you though of using anything other than the glow pluge suck as maybe two terminals inside of the gun oppsite of each other so that you can get a spark acrost them just like a combustion spud gun that way the spark will ignite the pyrodex or BP if used. The problem would be geting a HV spark and weather or not if it will ignite the propelent but you could replace the triger switch with a small pinzo ignitor wich would give you the spark and then just have your switch for each chamber connected to it so all you do is pull the triger fire one then flip the switch. Also on another note it would be nice if you could make one that you dont have to use a switch to change chambers just pull trigger it fire then automatically switches to the next chamber and all you do is pull the triger a second time. this would probably be somewhat dificult and also make the project gun much bigger unless you can use some damn small electrical componets in it.

Ok well thats all i got to say dont me mad and my ideas i relaize that there kinda stupid and a little kewl but ohhhh well.

Anthony
April 8th, 2003, 04:15 PM
That gun needs a nicd/nimh pack to get the lock time down. .25s is atrocious, you'd have to lead someone running in front of you!

Common piezo ignitors will not ignite BP etc

I_am_the_Black_one
April 29th, 2003, 04:58 AM
I know its a bit KEWL but what about a bit of that wire that they put in toasters but two bits close and when they get voltage they spark. I forget the name of the wire. And would you need higher voltage to do this as they normaly run of 240 volts....

Anthony
April 29th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Nichrome wire.

The elements in toasters run on 240v because they are several feet long.

You would have to replace the wire for each shot, or build it into an extractable cartridge, more complicated than a glowplug.

xyz
April 30th, 2003, 10:17 PM
All you need to do is use a length of nichrome that is long enough to get red hot but not melt through.

I have a small (10mm cal.) BP cannon that is electrically fired, I use a peice of steel wool as an igniter and I supply enough current to heat it up without melting it. I have used it about 20 times and I have not yet needed to replace the steel wool.