View Full Version : Bombs and planes

ChippedHammer
April 15th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Was going to put this in the water cooler but this seemed like a better section.

We all know about the methods employed to stop ragheads from taking explosives onto planes but after seeing a news article on drug mules a thought struck me.

Why not swallow explosives?

If drug mules can cram 800g of coke wrapped in 70 condoms down the hatch then whats stopping 'Jihad Joe' from doing the same. Seeing as there is no need for the mule to survive I bet you could swallow a lot more with a bit of practice.

Lets say he decides to eat half a kilo of ETN cut up into 50 little packages, would it be feasible to make a detonator small enough yet powerful enough to do the job? Using watch batteries, a PIC and a few other parts I think I could make something the size of your thumb that would be able to detonate a few grams of primary.

But would it have enough kick to detonate the 50 packages of love?

Even if it failed, showering half a plane with blood and hot meat should be enough to make people shit many a brick :)

Still, attacking planes is fucking stupid. Better 'yields' taking at trip to the local mall.

:rolleyes:

iHME
April 15th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Indeed the terrorists have been grinding the airplanes too long. The idea about swallowing explosives could work. But I would surgically implant them to the bomber. I once saw pics of dogs that had long scars on their stomachs, they had been surgically implanted with bags of heroin in a attempt to smuggle them to the states. One could also implant larger charges then achievable via swallowing.

-=HeX=-
April 15th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I dont see why the ragheads havn't already tried it! A small vial of HMTD could easily be smuggled onto the plane by placing it inside something else, like a toy car for rag junior as a present. And use a silicon fuse ala microtek.

Imagine a few fat raghead martyrs with about a kilo of ETN implanted in them and about half a kilo ingested, they each in to the can, take laxitives, excrete the extra half a kilo, then they tape that to where their 'body stash' is, go to their seats, attach the det, and at a preset time light the fuse.

A team of 3 could get 4.5kg on board, that much would likely down the damn plane. Even half a kilo would do a shit lot of hurt. Its a horribly good idea.

iHME
April 15th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Well It would be a catastrophic success indeed. ;)
But I'd say that the HMTD cap would be found during the x-ray.
I'd place it inside a battery, the battery inside a laptop battery to replace one cell of the 8 or 6. The machine would boot and all, but in the plane the battery would be ripped open in the toilet and the HMTD cap harvested. Damn I love to imagine these type of scenarios. It is true that engineer minded persons like to tinker with "problems" like these. :D

Hirudinea
April 15th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Well It would be a catastrophic success indeed. ;)
But I'd say that the HMTD cap would be found during the x-ray.
I'd place it inside a battery, the battery inside a laptop battery to replace one cell of the 8 or 6. The machine would boot and all, but in the plane the battery would be ripped open in the toilet and the HMTD cap harvested. Damn I love to imagine these type of scenarios. It is true that engineer minded persons like to tinker with "problems" like these. :D

If your going to use the battery in a laptop, why not put the explosives in a modified HD, take it apart, put a CF card and CF-IDE adapter in the case, and fill the remander of the case with explovsives, half a dozen attackers each with a laptop could get enough explosives on a plane to do damage without having to shit it out.

TOX
April 15th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing when I was
reading this news article 3 days ago
http://www.slate.com/id/2147500 ,well kind off.
I personally wood love too see a raghead gulp some hydrazine with
some hydrogen peroxide hidden in some lemon juice.

You just know that the media will twist that story into a …. This just in.
Wee can confirm that there is a new weapon in the terrorists arsenals,
though no one was hurt physically, witnesses are describing the
weapons as a bloated smelly rocket type human V2 weapon, terrorists
experts say that it could be used to down planes.
Upon opening the compartment door the terrorist ingests the deadly
chemicals producing a powerful jet that could deviate and crash the plane,
or he could mix the reactive chemicals in the toilet and cover it up
with his sand blasted ass creating a toilet bomb!?
P.S 6 MILION JEWS DIED IN THE HOLOCAUST.

Jokes aside, any drug smugly method that is applied to explosives will work theoretically,
stupid little figurine or a doll made by casting sensitized tnt and plated with
a powdered metal plastic mix, used before odors can permeate and alert the dogs or bomb detectors,
detonator hidden and covered with silicone in a electro-magnet plunger type lighters, or car keys. And hell if they want
bigger quantities no problem http://www.thebeerbelly.com/default.asp , the only thing
about external concealed caring is the smell, that’s all.

The thing is that swallowing explosives or drugs rapped in condoms and crapping them on board is just whey to easy and I imagine disgusting for coran reading 72 shemale lusting ragheads, and take in to account that people how are just smuggling drugs are still identified from time to time, I mean they now have those camera sensors placed that monitor your body temperature ether you have a cold/SARS or you’re whey to agitated, and if you look like a sand nigger well lets just say that they will definitely check your health status/colon cancer and all:D.

megalomania
April 15th, 2008, 11:16 PM
In the movie Blown Away, one of my favorites, the character of the bomber Gaerity, played by Tommy Lee Jones, escaped from prison using a few balloons of explosives he vomited up.

It is certainly not a new concept, but the ragheads have thus far not demonstrated any ingenuity or change of plans. They flog the dead horse of blowing up airplanes again and again and again. They must have their reasons. I have never flown on a commercial airline, nor do I ever intend too, so I am safe :) I hope they never change their MO, let them keep banging their heads against that wall of security that gets harder by the month.

Hinckleyforpresident
April 16th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Members of groups such as al-quaeda are brainwashed into a drone-sheep state. It is dilled into their heads that innovation is the business of the top leader, blowing yourself up is the business of the drone. As such, only one or two guys are thinking of new ideas. And these guys are also doing several other jobs at the same time - like running cave to cave surviving.

We all know that there are hundreds of potentially crippling targets that the could easily hit. But they won't, at least for some time. And it's simply because they are too obedient and dumb to think of them.

Also, their structure makes things much more complex. A 3-5 man strike team working alone could easily take out a power network/destroy a public building/cause mayhem with a few thousand dollars in funding. It's simply much more complex to go through a network of ranks and people.

Charles Owlen Picket
April 18th, 2008, 10:46 AM
You fellows are right on target (from my opinion at least) in that I totally agree with the considerable group think of Islamic terrorists, etc. I believe that commercial airliners are targets because they are easily identified as sources of international news when an incident happens to one of them.

Other nation-specific targets may not be of interest to the "world press" but not so with modes of travel. It's publicity that is the endgame of the terroristic activity; going beyond the momentary fright induced in the population, the dialog lives on.

It's shallow thinking that thrives on fright and force to push it's agenda. Thus it's no small jump that such thinking should be unidimensional in it's "banging it's head" against the security door. What's more religious zealotry is often the hallmark of lack of creativity.

Barnacles
April 18th, 2008, 06:27 PM
A team of 3 could get 4.5kg on board, that much would likely down the damn plane. Even half a kilo would do a shit lot of hurt. Its a horribly good idea.

It would take much less than that to down a flying airliner. On mythbusters they used around 100 grams to blow a hole in a plane big enough to drive a truck through. Because it is pressurized and in a relatively small area the gas from the detonation doesn't have as much room to expand so takes alot less than you'd think. The charge they used was about the size of a pack of cigarettes maybe even half that size. This was the episode where they tested explosive decompression. They busted the movie myth of bullets blowing causing huge holes and ripping people out. by the way I believe this was on DC10 or 747.

On a sidenote I think the Fedgov is developing new systems to detect peroxides... They realize the danger the posses and currently there are no detection methods I am aware of. Those blowers that are at some airports and the CN Tower in Toronto Canada blow a blast of air on to you to shake off particles of nitrate explosives. I actually wouldn't be all that surprised if they are in use but you never know with bureaucracy.

Barnacles
April 18th, 2008, 06:49 PM
...Although I read your posts and find you to be a good poster. I think this post of yours is in-accurate. Al-qaeda is very cunning and is much smarter and has far greater plans than you are giving them credit for. The view you have is due to their patience. Al-qaeda is Super patient, in there manual they say this war should last 100-1000 years, drag it out. Do no attacks for years , then when they think they are winning bomb something, than they spend billions on security. Rinse repeat, rinse, repeat. They are said to have around 200,000 minimum members according to the CIA. They have not sent out 200,000 suicide bombers. This organization has lots of people doing very specific jobs. If you are a spotter you spot, lots of spies, people visit cities and record targets on video. I saw one guy who was arrested had videos of over 12 with more than 1 target in each city.

Al-qaeda doesn't throw a grenade every time they buy one. remember the time that passes between each MAJOR attack is YEARS roughly 5 years. I was reading about how each member has such specific tasks, that a mortar squad for instance, would have loader someone who passes him, a firer and possibly an aimer. but each person would do that and only that. Lots of their members are busy doing things like just standing in the street waiting to spot a specific valuable target. and will bounce a basketball when they see one or something along those lines.One specific group(not al-qaeda but an affiliate ansar al islam if I remember correctly) was something like 75% non combat operatives... Some guys just dig.

Also I remember reading that Bin laden likened his "war" to building a house, and 9/11 was just the welcome mat...:eek: They spend years planning everything, so it may look like they are not busy but they are.

Back in grade 10ish I am 25 now so you do the math, I was walking in a mall with my buddy, and we used to play this game called spot the eyeball stabber. well after 9/11 the day the front page of the paper was the 19 hijackers pictures, the top guy Mohammed Atta, was a guy I spotted and called an eyeball stabber. He looked very mean, but was well dressed, wearing a nice leather jacket, dress pants shirt. etc. He was alone and walked with his hands in his jacket pocket I think. After seeing this guy there was no doubt in my mind that he was the guy I saw at the mall and he was one of the most disturbing looking individuals, I have ever met, for the most part he looked normal, but his eyes were pure un-adulterated evil... So no doubt he was capable of this. There is proof that he visited over a dozen cities in the US alone. probably visiting cells leaders.

I have a feeling the next attack will make 9/11 look like a house fire... Ive always figured that they are building up massive quantities of explosives. Now if it were up to me. I would try to fill as much of 18 wheelers or whatever with as much explosives as possible. I would then armour the cabin and tires and back where the explosives are with steel thick enough to stop any civilian protections forces ammo. I would then build little "battle towers" on top maybe or wherever is best, to ahve a pill box or two for machine gun RPG squads to fire at any police that may be following. Then I would try to take down as many buildings in as many cities at once. I can imagine something like this causing 20-100 9/11 all across America within hours of each other... This is all speculation, but the ideas are never ending and the entire CONUS (continental United states) is one big soft target. At this point they need to make every member count, and plan. its going to be really hard to operate for them at this point so you can bet whatever they are doing will be meticulously planned.

megalomania
April 18th, 2008, 10:59 PM
The longer they plan and the longer they take acquiring resources, the more time the fedgov has to infiltrate them and expose the plot. Good security changes frequently for the very reason that if some attack occurs it can throw off plans made years before.

These guys get caught with video footage, big deal. Sure they may be scoping out targets, but that's all they ever seem to do. They sit around on their hands waiting for something while the world passes them buy and the fedgov catches up to them.

Sure they are planning something big. Steady and slow works great with the lone wolf or small cell, but the more men that know the secrets, the more likely that secret will get out. If they move swift, steal a truck in the morning, steal a load of explosives from a construction site during the night, wire up the truck, and by morning when rush hour hits blow it up next to some jew bank or fedgov building, they can complete their attack before the fedgov even knows the explosives are stolen.

The terrorists are also a bunch of blow hards and braggards. They talk, a lot, about what is going to happen, but this is just talk. Propaganda, intimidation, threats, they are always waving a scimitar around claiming America will be destroyed soon. They are like some drunk guy in a bar threatening to kick your ass, maybe he will, but more likely he will go back to nursing his whisky.

Barnacles
April 18th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Alot of those that talk alot and get caught you will see are wanna be al-qaeda'ers (lol). The real hardcore ones who had training and are of the most disciplined and devoted. These don't talk and gloat. Of course there will be some.Some of the 9/11 hi-jackers didn't even know what was to happen on the plane. They were just told it would be martyr operation. Once on board only the leader of each group new before hand the exact details would share the plan once on board. I also imagine it is EXTREMELY difficult to infiltrate Al-qade

I was going to post in the other thread where you posted something along the lines of this. Basically my thoughts here are just one of many. Like all those things you suggested I am sure they thought of. I have heard that the next attack is suppose to make 9/11 look like a firecracker or whatever. So I think what they are actually doing is along the lines of what you posted. They are just moving all the Chess pieces into place, getting guys here, and there, training, aquiring funds.. I was doing some reading on Al-qaeda financing, and they are still making MILLIONs per year. I actually heard that at the beginning of the war Al-Qaeda moved and sold some arms out of Iraq in the chaos when no one was paying attention, And sold it for 400-700 million something along those lines. ANother thing that didn't make to much news was a Frieght liner with 750 some tonnes of HE was intercepted and was suppose to be for be for sudan but the delivery address was a post office box you would think they would check the address before shipping 750 tonnes of RDX, I believe it was for al-qaeda and so do many other people some of them official (zing)... . Makes you wonder if they had another one that got through, I am pretty sure this was near Greece. in the meditteranian. It was estimated that Al-qaeda actually possesses 15-20 freightliner cargo ships...

They always try to outdo themselves, so I could imagine the next series of attacks will cause utter chaos, and stands a good chance of starting Police state or Global war 3. They will hit everything, buildings ,water, food supplies, railways, power, communications, everything you can think of. Mind you this is all speculation. but you have to imagine with such a large group they are thinking of all of this many years before you or I started this conversation. While slow, remember these are killers who's goal is to cause death and destruction both economic and physical. So its pretty safe "what a term for this eh" to assume this is on their list of things to do.

To me 9/11 just seemed like a warning of things to come. It was basically a group saying hey we want to change the world notice us. It's really crazy to imagine that there is actually a group of 200,000 men who's goal it is to ruin the US and friends countries, we are in a whole new world, alqaeda is here to stay, and I forsee many very tragic things occuring in the relative near future.

-=HeX=-
April 19th, 2008, 05:22 AM
I speculate that their next attack will be a fuel air explosion. They will get one of their ships and hit it out with tanks and a big supply of LPG And that has that is also in chemical weapons... Yafmot mentioned it in the oxygen/Acetylene thread. They will float into a big port and vent the gas. Then, at the right ratio, they will detonate the charges hidden around the ship, and then bang. Huge explosion. Imagine that... In Rotterdam... Or next to the statue of liberty... Never mind a truck bomb, its a boat bomb!

megalomania
April 21st, 2008, 04:57 PM
The big attack, the really scary one, would be a nuclear bomb going off in New York. Any other attack in any other location (except DC during Presidential address to House and Senate) would pale in comparison. We would lose the financial center of the country, the headquarters of the nations largest corporations, the Stock Exchange, and the UN all in one fell swoop. Not to mention during the day there are more people in a small area than anywhere in the rest of the world, maximizing causalities.

Even a small yield nuke destroying only part of the city would irradiate millions of people in the surrounding area who would live for some months or years afterwards. They would require extensive medical treatment that would overwhelm the rest of the countries ability to care for them. Either way they will all be trying to sue someone! The 911 lawsuits continue, and that only included a few thousand victims, now imagine millions of people trying to get compensation.

The entire city would be rendered uninhabitable for years, even if not destroyed. People would have to abandon homes, cars, personal possessions. Insurance companies would be wiped out trying to cover the losses, if they even cover nuclear terrorism.

Where would those people live who survived and escaped the quarantine zone? As many as 25 million people might be forced to evacuate if the area of contamination is done right. This would make the FEMA camp troubles in New Orleans seem like a child's sleepover.

This is an example of why a small nuke can be worse than a large one. Remember, a dead soldier only removes one man from the battlefield, but a wounded soldier removes two. The dead can be morned and we move on, but the sick, poisoned, and homeless drain resources every day.