View Full Version : Principles of a Quick Kill

phrankinsteyn
April 29th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Uploaded to FTP (in phrankinsteyn folder): Principles of a Quick Kill TT 2023-71-1.pdf
U.S. Army Ft Benning, Ga May 12, 1967.

BlackFalcoN
April 29th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks for uploading and supporting this community!

The title of your document is however: 'Principles of Quick Kill', and relates to the shooting method 'quick kill' where a target is engaged in a fast unaimed method.

In the future it's maybe useful to summarize the topic of the book and give a quick description what it is about when posting FTP links, so people don't have to download first to find out.
I for one, was expecting a field manual on how to quickly and efficiently dispatch of a foe (a 'quick kill' so to speak :D), only to find out it was really about a marksmanship method, which was not my original reason to download the file ;)

Heck, even if you feel uncreative or even plain lazy, you can always copy a 5 line book description from Amazon.com, or look in the introduction or summary in the book.

A good description to go with your posted file would be:

' The purpose of this training text is to provide guidance in the training procedures and techniques of instruction of basic marksmanship and the fast inaimed method of fire called Quick Kill.'
( which is copied literally from the intro ;) )

A minute of extra work when posting links, can avoid hours of downloading for some people with dialup connections.

phrankinsteyn
April 29th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Black Falcon,

Picky, picky picky :).

I did not edit title name because that is the title that was given to training document when I received it/downloaded it.

Here is the link to this training manual and a few others . I had planned on posting link on forum in the near future (I wanted to read a few first to check their quality), but now is as good of time as any. http://militarynewbie.com/?id=6

Good point concerning people with dial up. Will have to take that into consideration next time.

BlackFalcoN
April 29th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Picky, picky picky :).
*snip*
Good point concerning people with dial up. Will have to take that into consideration next time.

My remark really isn't the fact that there was an 'a' missing in the title (although it does make for a dubious and misleading filename that way), but rather the fact that there isn't a description given of the file. :)

Unless people are looking for a specific file, chances are that they don't recognize the book's content just by it's title and know instantly what it is about.

Instead of dumping all documents we can find on a big pile on the FTP and let each individual sift through it themselves, it would be nice if the contributor could give a little description what content to expect in a document, here on the forum.

Even if we all had T1-super-mega-fiberoptic-connections, I personally would find it a waste of time and tmp's bandwidth to download something that I'm not going to use afterwards.

This really isn't a comment I'm directing personally to you Phrankinsteyn, but rather a guideline/request to all contributors of how we can make things run more efficiently. ;)

phrankinsteyn
April 29th, 2008, 04:15 PM
This really isn't a comment I'm directing personally to you Phrankinsteyn, but rather a guideline/request to all contributors of how we can make things run more efficiently. ;)

I did not take it personally. I believe I understand your reasoning. It was not a snip directed at you either, just my (sometimes) dry humor. :)

I did not take into consideration those that have dial up, but next time I will.