View Full Version : This could come in handy?

Kaydon
May 5th, 2008, 02:54 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/05/xerox-shows-off-erasable-paper-hopes-to-make-it-available-nex/

What do you think?

I'm thinking essentially useless, but at the same time it could be used to write down things meant to be confidential and then easily gotten rid of.. But, if it's anything like printers now, there's a way to recover what's written and that would be bad.

Hirudinea
May 5th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Just use thermal fax paper, its cheap, can be erased easily (put it in a toaster) and I don't think the writing can be recoverer.

Jacks Complete
May 13th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I suspect that the fading paper will still have enough "unfaded" even weeks later to screw you. 24 hours to fade away to what? 90% gone? A flatbed scanner would probably get the pattern back from a few tenths of 1% of the dye still being there.

Besides, you notice it uses UV light to fade. In a stack of papers the outers would end up blank, but the inner pages would still be fine, (kind of like when you [try to] destroy bulk paper with fire) tipping off the people looking through your stuff at their leisure. Then they take their camera phones and take pictures that don't fade...