View Full Version : Toyota Immobiliser key coder

Code Red
May 20th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I'm curious to know, if anybody here has seen this tool in action, and does it actually work?

It can be seen on the following link....

http://www.keymam.com/product_view.asp?pid=93

Vehicle immobilisers and coding keys is nothing new to me, but in the last couple of months I have noticed this tool being sold by (probably dodgey) Chinese sites.

When you decipher the Chinglish, it's basically telling you you could code a new master key to a late model Toyota, without the use of any existing master keys.
I do know of methods where ECU's are "re-flashed", allowing a new set of keys to be accepted, but I have yet to see or hear of anyone who has used this tool.

Now, is there a locksmith/auto tech here, who has seen this in action, or knows of people who have purchased and used it?

If in fact this did work like it says, all one would need to do is buy a blank chipped key ($15), obtain the key code for the particular vehicle (free), get a locksmith to cut it ($15) or even better, clip it yourself, then open the door with your key, plug in the "tool", and off you go!

Imagine being able to drive away in your neighbours nice new Lexus or Landcruiser, and not needing any suspicious implements! :)