View Full Version : Rules?

Wallybanger
May 23rd, 2008, 11:43 PM
OK, I'm really going out on a limb here and I'm hoping I can sneak away without a ban.

I read the rules when I filled out the registration form and they seemed pretty clear. My first stop was the rules forum and found it empty. My next stop was the banned for life forum and I was quite surprised at what warrants a ban. I then did a search and didn't find much of anything that looked like a rules thread.

I'm quite curious about the administrators concerns in regards to legality. Are there rules regarding what topics are off limits or is this site pretty much anything goes?

Otherwise, I don't have any problems capitalizing my "I"s, keeping my grammar in good order, avoiding signing my posts and getting along with other members.

I'm quite excited about being a member, this seems like a fantastic site and I'm hoping my stay will be long and prosperous.

Enkidu
May 24th, 2008, 12:27 AM
The Rules are here (http://roguesci.org/theforum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_faq_therules). We are undergoing a transition period; many of the old rules' threads will eventually replace the reserved threads that mega has created.

A polite PM to one of the mods is a better method for addressing an issue such as this.

Jacks Complete
May 25th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Wallybanger,

As far as your posting style looks so far (this thread) you seem to be capable of writing in English with the correct use of the Shift key and even better, use curios like apostrophes that many here omit at their peril.

Just have something interesting to say, or something useful, or indeed, something brilliant and new, and your life here will be long and interesting. No pressure! ;-)