View Full Version : Corning Pyrex Chemistry Set: Pricing, Demand, etc.

black mamba
June 5th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I've recently come across 3 Corning Organic Chemistry Kits. They are each missing glassware. All together the three partial kits include:

Rubber thermometer holder – 2
Round-bottom flask, 100mL - 3
Outlet adapter – 1
Drying tube - 3
Reaction-vessel tube – 3
Connecting adapter -6
Distilling adapter – 2
Vacuum-distilling adapter – 4
Pyrex stopper – 3
Cold Finger Condenser – 3
Cylindrical funnel, 100mL – 1
On/Off Valve for funnel (extra) – 1
3 Neck Flask, 250mL – 3
Three-way adapter with thermometer joint - 1

I'm looking to sell the glassware and there doesn't seem to be a high demand on Ebay. Most of the glassware auctions that I have seen have zero bids.

Would anyone on this forum be interested in this glassware (all or individual pieces)? Is there a better place than ebay to sell glassware?

Thanks for your time.

ChippedHammer
June 6th, 2008, 08:53 AM
This set?

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/search/ProductDetail/ALDRICH/Z145505

What size joints?

I'm interested in:

Distilling adapter
Vacuum-distilling adapter
Reaction-vessel tube

Charles Owlen Picket
June 6th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I really am into glassware. I have all sorts and I think you have a winner with Corning. Amongst many name brands I love some of the older fine-lab ground smaller stuff. Their edges and lips are first rate. Most of my working stuff is KIMAX (Kimble) as it's the strongest stuff I've owned and th price is right. I don't buy junk. I will accept it as a gift/trade or whatever. But I really only put money out for Corning & KIMAX.

However.....
-- I DON'T buy glass on Ebay and neither does anyone I know personally (for real in person) as that fuck-house keeps all sorts of records and not only co-operates with authorities (which is not big deal to me) but OFFERS INFORMATION (which IS a really big deal to me) because it sets up perfectly innocent people for suspicion.

This is simply an opinion based on factual experiences of others & I also realize it sounds a bit paranoid, but we live in an age when public agencies squirm and writhe for a dollar from the Federal tit. The search for agendas to fill their files and glassware = drug cook in so far as Ebay & the fed gov are concerned. Please use caution; there is a reason there are few bids....there really are reasons. Please PM me for more info if you want.

sbovisjb1
June 6th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Anything from SCHOTT is a winner in my books. Most labs use them.

Barnacles
June 7th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Just curious what country are you in? I recently lost my job and am on disability so if you feel like donating some stuff to me (lol longshot I know but you can't win if you don't play)I can pay for shipping that is about it.

Anyway, Thanks in advance for not chopping my balls off for this request, but desperate times call for desperate measures. wish you luck selling it.