View Full Version : Busy tonight

ChippedHammer
June 8th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Looks like a new record has been set and the server hasn't shit a brick.

1439 (187 members and 1252 guests)

Let the good times roll :)

JohnG
June 8th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I was wondering about that too, in the past it seemed the most uses online rarely went over a couple hundred, with only about 20% of that being members. The numbers seem to be steadily growing every couple hours....

Is it possible the software update isn't logging people off? Or maybe some search engines/IPs that were blocked are now allowed?

BlackFalcoN
June 8th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I think the vBulletin package has been configured differently and that the previous 'show as online' timeout value was different from the current one.

If you go the "Who's Online" link at :
http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/online.php?s=&sortfield=time&sortorder=desc&who=all&pp=200
then you can see that people who were last active more than 12 hours ago, are still registered as 'Online'

Mr Science
June 8th, 2008, 03:58 PM
The previous board had a one hour memory, this one appears to be 24 hour. I look at the online list, and I am seeing guests "here" 22 hours ago, or 4:06 PM CST (yesterday). But it still looks cool seeing so many people online at the same time, whether its real or greatly exaggerated.

Edit: I guess I was wrong, its more than 24. It is going on 25 hours for some guests. Oh well. :)

Vitalis
June 9th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Looks like it was fixed: "Currently Active Users: 18 (6 members and 12 guests) "

Mr Science
June 9th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Well now its counting active people for the last 3 minutes. I'm sure its just a bug that needs to be fixed.

TheSavageHyena
June 9th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Hopefully it's a sign for things to come. Sooner or later the average Joe or even k3wl will come to the reality, that he is a mere pawn in the grand scheme of things. And will turn to the great forum that has helped and shaped many lives for the better. I can only assume that membership here has only steadily increased. Can anyone confirm my speculation? I just hope the masses find these resources and educate themselves before it's too late.

Alexires
June 16th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Yeah, it has been increasing. Incidentally, I think there is a thread about it:p