View Full Version : Happy Anniversary

Cobalt.45
July 24th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Mega, your perseverance here should be and I feel IS an inspiration to us all. Thank you.

Truly, we're not worthy (bowing and scraping a la Wayne's World optional:D).

Taken from a post in Forum Matters "Newbies: How did you find The... ": July 2008 marks the 9th anniversary of The Forum being online, and the 11th for Rogue Science. I hope that whatever I have been doing so far to keep the site up is not just luck :)

festergrump
July 24th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I'll toast to that. RS has been my favorite site on the web since I joined. Cheers!

Kaydon
July 24th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Long live RS. Best forum on the net, in my opinion

Thorald
July 25th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Viva La Rogue Science!

I've only been here for a fraction of the time Rogue Science & The Forum has been online but already I have learnt so much about so many things, that undoubtedly I would not have learned anywhere else on the Net...

Most forums don't last this long on the Net [Maybe they will in the future... :cool:] especially ones like this one. Ones that tackle issues and has discussions on the topics which the Sheeple would not approve of...

So well done Mega, I think Cobalt summed it up well!

Thank you!

Hirudinea
July 25th, 2008, 07:04 PM
11 years of pissing off the man, eh? Congrats!

Alexires
July 27th, 2008, 02:23 AM
*toast* To RogueScience.org, a beacon of light in the darkness of ignorance around us.

May there be many more years yet for us to contribute our collective knowledge and to reap the harvest such knowledge brings.

It is a time to look back on all that has been accomplished, but also to reflect on all those we have lost along the way.

A further toast to Megalomania and NBK. All will admit that without them, The Forum would not be what it is today and would likely not exist at all.

megalomania
August 2nd, 2008, 11:30 PM
You guys show me it has all been worthwhile. Soon I will unveil the redesigned roguesci.org, the fruit of my labors for the last 6 weeks. I recoded all the pages from scratch to exclusively use style sheets for all presentation and structure. The pages even validate to XHTML strict. I designed my own modular templates to make it easier for me to add new content, and I even redid most of the graphics.

On the surface the site still looks very much the same, it's the stuff under the hood I put a lot of work into. I almost have all the existing pages finished, I have been fighting with figuring out how to use regular expressions and macros to paste all my content into my templates. I now make extensive use of excel spreadsheets to store, sort, and filter all of the chemical information in the chemlab. Although the computer has been stubborn about it, I managed to get it to do all the copying and pasting more or less automatically.

Enough dither, I could go on for an hour about all the clever tweaks, rollover effects, subtle stylistic flourishes, and efficient code. You guys will see for yourselves soon enough.

bluegunny
August 19th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I've been a member for only a short time, and feel very fortunate to have found such a fountain of knowledge. Thanks for providing such a great site. Long live RS!!!