View Full Version : Crossbows - Archive File

Anthony
March 17th, 2003, 08:48 PM
The_Coyote
A new voice
posted January 16, 2001 11:54 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone have good plans for a crossbow? I want someting mabye in a repeating model...
------------------
Gun control is being able to hit your target.

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted January 16, 2001 04:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yup a repeating crossbow like the kind that doesn't exist right?
I have looked at about 2 dozen crossbow retailer web pages and I still haven't been able to find a repeater (they dont exist)
just buy a cheap crossbow pistol they cost $20us from <a href="http://www.budkww.com/Search.asp" target="_blank">http://www.budkww.com/Search.asp</a>
why would you need a repeating model?

[This message has been edited by SafetyLast (edited January 16, 2001).]

Zero
Frequent Poster
posted January 16, 2001 05:31 PM
Because he just beat Hlaf Life and in his infinite Kewlness he wants one of those repeating crossbows with the scope and the clip of 5 exploding arrows.
Want a Gauss cannon, too?

------------------
~Zero the Inestimable
The A Files
{Link is a direct download.}

The_Coyote
A new voice
posted January 16, 2001 06:54 PM
No. I am a target archer and I thought it would be better if I did not have to reload every shot. Anyway I found a site with plans for one. If you knew anything about weapons history you would know that the Chinese used a crossbow repeater that could shoot 5 arrows via a gravity fed magazine. If anyone wants to know here is the adress. <a href="http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/7919/crossbow.htm" target="_blank">www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/7919/crossbow.htm</a> (The measurments are a little fuzzy.)
------------------
Gun control is being able to hit your target.

Anthony
posted January 16, 2001 07:28 PM
The Romans also had a repeating balista (kind of crossbow)it had a chain in a loop that was run by a guy with some racthet handles, the chain grabbed the string, drew it back, rotated the magazine, allowing a bolt to drop down, kept going back till the sear engage, it was fired by rotating the chain even more. Good though it was, it required two people to opertate and could not be carried. So unless you had a winch motor (very fast, hence very powerful) to draw the string and the required batteries on a belt then a semi-auto crossbow is unfeasible. You can get brewak action crossbows which are quicker to load.

DaRkDwArF
Frequent Poster
posted January 16, 2001 07:33 PM
ok you CLAIM to be a target archer, sorry buddy I've been doing archery since I was 12, there is no retail crossbow that "repeats", actually if your a target archer why the hell are you using a crossbow, their only good for killing

BoB-
Frequent Poster
posted January 16, 2001 07:43 PM
There are Crossbow's that have gravity fed magazines. There not Commercially available though.

The_Coyote
A new voice
posted January 16, 2001 08:19 PM
I archer! I use a crossbow because I like making them. Ever scince I was ten I have made them (origionaly made with bunjee cords.) I also own a recurve bow but, I have always hade an atraction to the idea of combining a rifle with a bow. Anyway you could not kill much with the bows I make their draw weight is about 30. Just enough to make them stick into trees, but that is about the extent of thier power.

Bandit
Frequent Poster
posted January 17, 2001 01:15 PM
<a href="http://www.xbows.co.uk/pistol.htm" target="_blank">http://www.xbows.co.uk/pistol.htm</a> semi auto crossbow.
Bandit

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted January 17, 2001 02:19 PM
sorry about that coyote
I read the e mail you sent me and it sure
proved me wrong

Anthony
posted January 17, 2001 02:33 PM
It's not actually semi-auti though because yopu have to cock it for every shot, I don't even see a magzine of any kind in the picture so definately not semi!
They claimn to have the world's most powerful pistol crossbow at 75lb, but I'be got an 80lb one. It's the same as the "Phantom" (35lb) just with a 80lb limb included, no wonder thye mechanism is so over stressed!

9lives
A new voice
posted January 17, 2001 03:11 PM
You can't get a reloading crossbow, why don't you just reload it????????????
Also you could try to get one at shops for about $20 which has 2 shots, one on the bottom of the crossbow and one on the top, it looks really cool.
------------------
oh no i lost a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Azazel
Frequent Poster
posted February 02, 2001 11:15 PM
how bout you all shut the fuck up
let him dream his fantasy bout his crossbow
go to Fruegals and download the plans and build ureself one
or go watch From Dusk Till Dawn
and blow yer jocks over that shit
as for all you other lame wankers who are new, keep your god damn opinions and abbuse to yourselves

The Real
Frequent Poster
posted February 02, 2001 11:32 PM
Only pics have I have I seen mag fed crossbows. But like Safety last I've never hear or seen of one commercially avaliable. But I don't get the point either. I really doubt much time is saved from loading a bolt, what does it take a second? I can do it as I bring up cocked bow to the carry or shoulder postition pretty quickly, it's on the way up anyways.
I have a phantom pistol and think it is one of the worst investments I've made. It'll do a work on carp though. So call me hillbilly, I love bow stickin carp.

The slide action crossbows as seen in The Shadow do really exit as well, however the draw weights are nil around 20-30lbs and these aren't commercially avaliable.

angelo
Frequent Poster
posted February 05, 2001 06:36 AM
actually there is such thing as semi-automatic crossbow... it called the chinese repeating crossbow.
i'm looking at reference right now.
----------
Chinese repeating crossbow of a type used as late as the Sino-Japanese War of 1894-95. Generally used in defense when it could be rested on a wall (its a big motherfucker), allowing the operator to use one hand to aim it and one to operate it. A supply of short featherless bolts is stacked in the vertical box-magazine on top.
----------
its got more but it describes what is happening in the pictures below, i don't have a scanner.
----------

this just goes to show that all you new cunts should shut the fuck up, and do a little research on the subject. then if you don't find anything, don't think that it does not exist, just wait and somebody whill eventually answer the question.
------
coyote sorry it took me so long to reply
and this is not commercially availabe but it is a pretty simple concept that could be made at home

------------------
angelo's place
have a good link? add it here

10fingers
Frequent Poster
posted February 05, 2001 12:38 PM
I'm looking for a full auto crossbow with a 30 bolt magazine.

PYRO500
posted February 05, 2001 04:40 PM
how about a shotgun style pump on the bottom with a rack and pinion(not sure if it is the right term)system to pull back the bow and a ratchet to keep it from falling back and an auto release once it is cocked so the cocking lever is free of the bow string, however, this would need pretty good tools and skills with machining tools

god
A new voice
posted February 05, 2001 05:08 PM
thanks safetylast did you see bb gus that are full auot 250min aqnd the grapling hucks

Anthony
posted February 06, 2001 01:47 PM
God, please sort out your spelling and grammar, your post makes little sense.

DaRkDwArF
Frequent Poster
posted February 07, 2001 12:01 AM
I never knew god was so illerate

smokey
A new voice
posted February 07, 2001 02:24 PM
kint youse peeble unerstind wot thet gud oops god seyz atal