View Full Version : Funniest chemistry video

Hinckleyforpresident
August 2nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
This was sent to me, I find it to be hilarious:

http://www.eppendorf.com/int/hawkpopup.php?contentid=13&gclid=CKa1593Sx5QCFQOjFQodTS20kA

Any of you know of any funny chem videos?

iHME
August 3rd, 2008, 04:38 PM
One more manufacturer who has realized that commercials should be content.

And it might actually be a useful thing to have in a lab that does a lot of pipetting.
Also, improvising one from cheap parts (read. dot matrix and inkjet printers) should be easy as no heavy forces are involved.

fluoroantimonic
August 9th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Wow. It amazes me that they would go to that much effort to make something that laughable. Even if your hand was about to fall off from pipetting, I seriously doubt you could keep a straight face watching that! Maybe it was meant to be funny... but that doesn't seem like a very good way to get the message across. At least its original...

Lewis
August 9th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Bwahaha!

These things are definitely real, I just wouldn't imagine a lab supply company to have the sheer audacity to make such a video.

Hilarious.

bluegunny
August 19th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Very funny. But I must agree....Not a very effective commercial. More like a spoof that you would see on a late night television show. Thanks for sharing.

sbovisjb1
August 19th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Reminds me of those terrible sex-ed videos we were forced to watch in highschool.

-=HeX=-
August 20th, 2008, 02:51 PM
HAHAHAHAHA! Oh fucking brilliant! And as an ad its effective for 3 reasons:
1: Its eye catching and attractive, so you will get more attention.
2: Its witty and humorous so you wont forget it easily.
3: It uses a beat and rhythm to plant the name of the device in the viewers subconscious.

I liked how it took the piss out of how scientists don't make great lovers thanks to the retarded amounts of late nights in the lab, and how one of the dancers with the pipette made pipetting feel... Almost dirty for some reason.