View Full Version : vz.58 full auto conversion

Marxist
August 4th, 2008, 05:06 AM
Hello everyone , as I searched some forums it appears that many people have the civilian version of this assault rifle (for some reason called submachinegun - "samopal") , but I haven't find any way to return it to its original look (well I don't have any firearms) http://vz58.webpark.cz/obrazky/58popis.jpg (its scheme , but in czech). I read that it is semi-automatized thanks to a block of iron welded into place of auto parts. This is a czech site with Sa-58 parts I found http://www.zelenysport.cz/scripts/zbozi.php?KID=14 , are any of them usable? Thanks for your time

++++++++++++++

Don't forget to capitalize the letter "I" when referring to yourself - The_Duke

August 6th, 2008, 04:25 AM
There is a hole next to the ejector in the upper receiver, which has a sear in it that is needed for F/A operation [also for safe semi-auto] in the usa it is removed. It may be left in in European areas though. The selector for full auto has 2 notches in it, the semi one has one. I can't find a picture now. If you have the safety sear then you only need the full auto selector, and can create one by cutting a new [second] notch in it. Searching for a FAL, or L1A1 would net tons more results for you.

August 7th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Since I have no edit button, disregard the above post, you said VZ 58 and SA-58, i assumed they were interchangeable and only went from memory. One is a AK variant, the other a FAL variant. The SA-58 parts won't fit on your gun.

iHME
August 8th, 2008, 08:48 AM
VZ 58 is IIRC a completely different gun compared to ak-47, they look the same but the vz 58 mags don't fit the ak and vise versa.
The VZ 58 has its own mechanism thats nothing like AK.

festergrump
August 8th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Thats' not to mention that the receivers are machined from a chunk of steel rather than a stamped piece of sheetmetal like the AKM. Whole different ball of wax, which makes it much more intense of a 'from scratch' build of the receiver.

VZ receivers can be bought (if you're willing to register it) but the price is much higher than that of an AKM reciever blank. (VZ kits are still very cheap, however, and readily available).

One thing that I always thought was rather strange is that the VZ is allowed in Canuckistan while the AKM is banned, though they outwardly look very similar. :confused: