View Full Version : Actual Pellet Gun - Archive File

Anthony
March 17th, 2003, 08:50 PM
sadsakjoel
Frequent Poster
posted February 02, 2001 10:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I took the idea from makeshift arsenal and changed it round a bit to make it full auto. also added springs for the inner barrell to be pulled back, no specs and stats yet or dimensions because its not constructed. Does anyone no if this is a good idea and also some possoble sizes, lengths widths, etc. thanks
oh fuck this picture isn't working. how can get a picture thats saved in paint to appear here?

------------------
All there is to fear is your own co-ordination

[This message has been edited by sadsakjoel (edited February 02, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by sadsakjoel (edited February 02, 2001).]

Azazel
Frequent Poster
posted February 02, 2001 10:51 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lemme just say one thing
if your design does not have suffient PSI when the triiger is released the pellets wont do much
in order to make a full auto pellet gun which actually works nicely you would need a kind of valve which allows pressure to build up then release when it hits a certain required PSI... kinda like a rubber ring... ok thats prob a lil hard for you to understand because i dont realy know how to explain it
but if your canister is just running straight and pellets are flowing into the barrel it wont work to good
hope i helped a little

Anthony
posted February 03, 2001 05:25 PM
The pressure in an aresol can isn't very high so pellet velocity would probably be negligable.
I've thought about making a full auto pellet gun and it's not as simple as feeding pellets into a stream of gas. This is because you will end up with several pellets in the barrel at the same time and you must have only one. If you have more than one, the one in front will stop being pushed as soon as another drops into the barrel behind it, shorting the efective barrel lenght and giving low velocities.

To make it work you need a bolt so that it lets another pellet out of the magazine once the one before it has left the barrel. Modelling your design on a full-auto paintball gun would probably be the best way to do it.

sadsakjoel
Frequent Poster
posted February 04, 2001 12:00 AM
I didn't think that the pressure coming out of the aerosole would be too great in power, But Lowry seems tot hink it works. I asked someone experienced in pressure systems and he said it should work. Also, what I would be using is butane gas under high pressure or a type of fly spray which has such great pressure it hurts when you spray yourself with it. If anyone has any good ideas feel free to let me know.
------------------
All there is to fear is your own co-ordination

[This message has been edited by sadsakjoel (edited February 04, 2001).]

Anthony
posted February 04, 2001 08:38 AM
Errrr, are you supposed to spary fly-spray on yourself???

PYRO500
posted February 04, 2001 12:46 PM
fly spray is saposed to have a powerful amount of pressure to it so that it can reach all the flys buzzing around

sadsakjoel
Frequent Poster
posted February 07, 2001 03:28 AM
It was the type of fly spray you spray on the ground to make a barrier, I wasn't wearing shoes, It hurt!

BoB-
Frequent Poster
posted February 09, 2001 06:47 PM
"how can get a picture thats saved in paint to appear here?"
You must upload it to a site that alllows direct linking, I use Geocities

To make it appear in your post, read the faq.

BoB-
Frequent Poster
posted February 10, 2001 06:06 PM
Because of the lower pressure, I would use 'darts', to insure penetration evey time.

Zero
Frequent Poster
posted February 11, 2001 09:29 PM
Someone beat you to it:
<a href="http://www.thegateway.net/gyroman/Default_mv1.htm" target="_blank">http://www.thegateway.net/gyroman/Default_mv1.htm</a>
~Zero the Inestimable

HMTD Factory
Frequent Poster
posted February 11, 2001 10:14 PM
The video is cool, High speed pellets shot into dead human torso(just kidding)
Noticed the pop cans in the Minigun video being shot are actually unopend pops instead of water-filled ones?