View Full Version : Pava

Red Beret
August 12th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Pava or Capasacain 2, as it has been called, is apparently hotter and more effective on takedown than OC.

I have read that it is naturally occuring in hot chillies, but that the majority of commercial manufacturers make it synthetcaly.

It would appear that this is a highly effective antipersonnel weapon, and could have many uses.

I saw a documentary a while back on it's manufacture, but I'm unable to find it, or any other RELIABLE manufacture information. This is a subject worthy of discussion and if any has any usable information realting to pava, please post here.

I will continue searching throughout this afternoon, and post back with results.

Lewis
August 13th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Please clarify as to how this "Pava" would be used, and what "OC" is, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Are we squirting hot peppers in our enemies' eyes to incapacitate them or what?:p

ONLY
August 13th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Please clarify as to how this "Pava" would be used, and what "OC" is, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Are we squirting hot peppers in our enemies' eyes to incapacitate them or what?:p

O.C.-Oleoresin Capsicum one of the main ingredients in pepper spray. Ask anyone who has been sprayed with it as I have it is excruciating pain. I have never heard of Pava and am very curios as to what it is.

And yes we are spraying our enemy in the eyes with peppers!

akinrog
August 23rd, 2008, 02:57 AM

I don't wanna sound like a wannabe mod here, but I would like to give you a friendly advice: Those members who do not use search feature (google, and UTFSE), are generally frowned upon here.

Information is out there, so instead of asking this type of questions, (re)searching is better and more contributive. Regards.

Red Beret
August 23rd, 2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah I second that.

I'm still digging on this one, haven't yet found any reliable information on sythesis. Plenty of information about effects is out there, but I'm looking more for synthesis at the moment.

I shall continue to search.

StephF
August 27th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Pelargonic acid vanillylamide is what I believe you are looking for.

As has been said above seek and you will find :)