View Full Version : Vote?

Hinckleyforpresident
August 29th, 2008, 12:33 AM
I'm a registered voter here in the states, but recently I've been thinking about not bothering going. In the past I believed that the difference between democrats and republicans was large enough that there was a purpose to actually get out and vote. I sort of thought of it as an obligation to ones country.

Then I thought of a one party system. Well, we don't really have a one party system, we've got a two party system! And to me, when I vote, I shouldn't be choosing the lesser of two evils (if there even is a real difference), I should be choosing the candidate I fully support.

In my opinion, we get fucked either way. With both parties, we have significant chances of losing 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 9th, and 10th amendment rights. And I'm sure they'll find a way to squash the ones I missed too. The democrats will raise taxes mostly for the rich, and give more handouts to the unemployed. The republicans will lower taxes for the rich, and cut some handouts. I don't honestly know which is better or worse; make the rich richer, make the poor poorer, or leave either as they are?

And I wonder, does it actually matter who's president? Obama or McCain, either way, they don't really call all the shots. The financial backers who got them into office call the shots, and I've never heard of a billionaire CEO who has your average citizens best interests at heart. So perhaps what we should be looking at is which do we want: Coke or Pepsi?

Here's my answer:

Get as many people as you can to register, and vote 3rd party. Last election, only about 1/2 the US voted. That means that 1/4 people in the US "decided" (fuck the electoral system) the future fucking leader of the US. That seems a bit wrong to me. If we could get the remaining 3/4 people to at least think about who they REALLY want, then maybe we could get some real change.

Hell, maybe just telling everyone you know to THINK about what the world around them is turning into would do the trick. Even the most obedient sheep can be taught to think for itself (a bit of a paradox).

Perhaps I'm just being a bit cynical.

Alexires
August 29th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Oh no, you aren't being cynical. It certainly is a case of "Do you want the puppet on the left, or the puppet on the right?"

At least in the States, those who actually give a shit vote. Here it is compulsory, so you get people that vote what their friends/family/televisions tell them to vote. I'd rather have a quarter of the country give a shit than 75% not care and have to vote anyway.

Truly, that remaining 75% is the way you need to go. All you need to do is convince as many as those that already vote + 1. Here we need to convince over 50% of the population.

Cobalt.45
August 29th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Given McC's left leaning and 'bama's almost ultra left leanings, the writing is clearly on the wall.

And why isn't 'bama called white? He's just as much that as black.:p 'Course he looks black...

Bitch is ashamed of the "cracker in the wood pile":eek:, methinks!

totenkov
August 29th, 2008, 02:00 PM
In my opinion, we get fucked either way. With both parties

I believe this simply is not the case. There is a lot more shit that can be stirred up in the world than the rights and freedoms of Americas inmates.

I was watching the news this morning, to find John McCain has chosen his vice (is it me, or does he seem to have a bunch nuts in his cheeks like some overgrown squirrel?!) Not what you might expect; perhaps a hardcore republican senator? Maybe from......Alaska!?

Well this headcase fits the profile. Member of the NRA since she was born, anti abortion (has one kid with down syndrome), was the mayor of a town in Alaska and now vice president for McCain! Not a doubt in my mind she drives a Lincoln Navigator. Regardless of what McCain says, there can only be one logical reason why he has chosen a vice such as this. Oil. McCain seems driven to exploit Alaska's oil reserves, eager to wean America of foreign oil. Would it be more clever of him to seek an alternative to fossil fuels like his opponents are?

Funny how McCain seems to use Obama's inexperience to his advantage, then he turns around and picks a mayor of a town in Alaska to vice president in his campaign. Fascinating the republican way, proving itself time and again to be an outdated, ignorant system.

If I were to be residing in the United States, I would vote democratic all the way. Eight years of the Bush administration and people want more, simply astounding.

It would be interesting to have a world vote. With the next two presidential candidates and see who would win. It would end with the world voting democratic and a small pool of pro-republicans with one tooth in their head wanting to uphold their gun rights :rolleyes:

Vote NIGGER! :p

Hinckleyforpresident
August 29th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'm paraphrasing here:

"A Democrat is a Republican in denial".

A democrat will claim to want to do great social justices, but give 'em the reigns and watch them screw us just as hard as a bushie. And I'm not referring to denying inmates rights. I'm referring to denying citizens rights. I believe that the rights of the people at home are far more important than our foreign activities. Certainly foreign relations are very important too, but who will take us seriously when we claim to want democracy/freedom/liberty in other nations, but are turning totalitarian at home?

Kaydon
August 29th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I'm not voting since I don't really support anyone anymore, they all continue to piss me off. I think things are going to be solved when someone's head winds up at the end of a telescope..

I laugh at Obama supports, they're all chanting "CHANGE IN AMERICA!" and I ask, change for.. what? What's going to change? I've never had a clear answer. It's all mumbo-jumbo. Change.. I pity these fools.

McCain's pictures make him look like a claymation character, play-doh.

Has everyone seen the "great obama" video, on the urbangrind? Google that up and watch it. Any potential president with ties to Kenya and a poster of Che in his campaign office is bad news. Also, Harvard.. is not the top school in the US.

Bugger
August 30th, 2008, 02:08 AM
The trouble with the U$A, along with the Westminster Parliament of the UK (but not the regional Scottish, Welsh, and Northern Irish Parliaments, which use proportional representation), and also Japan and Canada, these alone among all so-called "free" countries, is the antiquated, unfair, corrupt, money-driven fir$t-pa$t-the-po$t winner-takes-all (on a constituency-by-constituency and state-by-state basis) electoral system practised there. It effectively enshrines a two-party system, dominated by two old tired, moribund, corrupt parties, making it practically impossible for any third party, with necessary and timely new reforming ideas, to ever get off the ground. It creates a jargon of terms like "wasted votes", "marginal seats", and "gerrymandered electoral boundaries". This is what is really making American voters so apathetic, although after 8 years of Bu$h (the most corrupt years in U$ history), by comparison with the 8 Clinton years, I suppose that the Democratic Party is the lesser of evils. In the U$A, the lack of genuine democracy is compounded by the smoke-and-mirrors Electoral College system used to select the President.

It is because of this sort of thing that virtually all other so-called democracies now use one form or another of proportional repesentation, either mixed-member proportional (MMP, as used here in New Zealand since 1996) or single-transferable-vote (as used in the Federal and State Senates in Australia, although they use preferential voting in the lower Houses). As the result, even countries like Russia, Ukraine, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Slovenia, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Chile, Peru, Venezuela, Brasil, South Africa, etc., former dictatorships which until recent decades were certainly not known for their democratic traditions, now have better standards of democracy than the U$A, the one-time alleged upholder of democracy and the "free world".

The reason why the U$A, UK, Japan, and Canada have been so resistant to change in this regard is because their politicians are too controlled by big business interests. It suits their purposes to maintain the status quo, with a legislative dictatorship which does not have to worry about keeping other parties in a coalition government happy, and which can ram through unheralded, unpopular, and repressive new laws in the dead of night without any consultation whatsoever. It will probably take a popular revolution for there to be any change in the U$A.

festergrump
August 30th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I'm registered to vote, but I think I'll sit this one out. They're not gonna let anyone "pencil in" Ron Paul or anything, so what's the point?

I truly think America's gonna go further down the shithole no matter if McCain wins or Obama, but if I had my druthers I'd rather it was Obama who would win so we can be sure never to have another White-hating nignog for pres ever again. That, and sometimes I tend to think he'll fuck everything up so bad that ANYTHING else would seem like an improvement, even McCain (whom I hate almost equally).

Wait and see if we don't follow the Israeli agenda and go after Iran no matter who wins the election...

FUTI
August 30th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I'm not USA citizen. Therefore my vote doesn't count. I also have doubts should I wrote about this issue from the same reasons. I hope that Obama is better choice. My only fear is that he is Clinton 2. Do you remember Clinton's election talks? They set him up a bitch and in attempt to avoid impeachment he kneel down and do exact opposite from what he promised to do. This democratic agreement and "we are all as one" stuff made me little suspicious that we are watching deja-vu. McCaine is nut on its own. While I respect his life story and Nam and him being a hero of that era...c'mon people we need new people for the new century. He isn't leftist, he is radical puppet. As it is known that he is a lobbyist of a certain groups I'm highly upset that he is the option number 2. Then again I'm maybe just uninformed whose lobbyist is Mr.Obama. Coke or Pepsi indeed...but with greater effects.

It is much more important where will next president take USA foreign political agenda and USA economy and social/health/educational system then anything else. USA must rediscover itself not wandering around world pounding every fox hole it can find IMHO. The way I see it that is what helped Russia after USSR crumbled to stand on its feet again, so I guess that it won't hurt USA to. While I understood why USA attack Afghanistan, Iraq was work of complete idiot. Saddam's dictatorship was only thing that kept Iraq not to break apart on religious lines. They toppled him and practically served that country at plate to Iran. Now the dilemma USA leave Iraq Iran take it through democratic election none the less. O shit USA aren't friendly with Iran that is yet another country oil and gas producer USA have pissed off. USA stay in Iraq in this stalemate situation irritating most of the world and making damage to itself. I never believed that I would say this but USA desperately needs another Nixon/Kissinger tandem to start resolving foreign affairs wiser then they are done right now. And please don't say Nixon is republican or something. Who cares? What matters is that he set the things straight and on the right way out of the mess democrats were already cooked up in Nam.

Cobalt.45
August 30th, 2008, 01:50 PM
This is a "me too" post, sort of.

FUTI- I don't know where you are from or how you came to the observations as stated in your last post.

But citizen or not, you Fucking hit the nail on the head, IMO.

s255
August 30th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Although I can completely agree that it is a matter of the puppet on the left or the right when voting, if I could vote I would vote for McCain; and personally I am very happy with his choice of Vice President. The reason for this is simply because the longer you can keep a hold of some semblance of your Second Amendment over there the more of a chance you will be able to keep a hold of what is left of your freedoms, whether that be by ballot box or bullet box. I fear that if Obama gets in he might put some left wing anti-gun fucks in to your Supreme Courts and lose the recent progress the Heller .v. DC case made.

I have no doubt I may have missed it, but is it just me or are all sides sort of skirting around the second amendment issue in this election? Neither side makes a good example though Obama has in the past voted for some bad bad bills...

festergrump
August 30th, 2008, 04:50 PM
McCain's choice for running mate is purely for favor at the polls and goes no further. Palin's not gonna stop him from putting to pen just as many anti-gun and anti-constitutional bills as the other presidential wannabes.

McCain wants your guns as bad as Obama does and if elected to office it'd be he who signs bills, not Palin. Any new president is gonna do exactly what their handlers decide they'll do and no more or less.

Red Beret
September 2nd, 2008, 07:51 AM
I thought McCain was PRO gun?

I have a bad feeling about Obama....too charismatic for my liking.

Hinckleyforpresident
September 2nd, 2008, 12:15 PM

Are you familiar with the term "doublespeak"?

Other great examples of fed doublespeak:
"You see, when talk about war, we're really talking about peace" - GWB
PATRIOT Act
No Child Left Behind
Etc, etc

And coming soon to a "democracy" near you! : War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength.

Kaydon
September 2nd, 2008, 02:01 PM

Why? Because he picked Palin for VP? A member of the NRA, and also has a slut for a daughter?

Few politicians are Pro-Gun, and it's not really their job to be, it's our job to make sure their stance doesn't affect what's written in our sacred document.

shooter3
September 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
I don't like to say this, but McCain is 72. His father died at 70. His Grandfather died at 61. Your 2nd amendments will be safe with Presedent Palin.

festergrump
September 3rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
Any new president is gonna do exactly what their handlers decide they'll do and no more or less.

I failed to state in this post that when I refer to the "handlers", I refer to "The true Powers That Be". These are the same no matter what president is supposedly elected. If you think that a president of the USA has any real power of his (or her :rolleyes:) own, I think that you have not been paying close attention these past handful of decades.

Our future has been basically decided, folks. It's how to and how soon to that is the ultimate question They may squable over. Who will issue the orders is irrelevant at this point...

If even members here cannot see that (and we are a very intelligent lot, individually and collectively) then I truly fear for the world, not just America.

megalomania
September 3rd, 2008, 09:38 PM
The presidents every move (literally, everywhere he goes, every call he makes, every document he signs) is cataloged, published, scrutinized, etc. All, ostensibly, for the public record and future generations to read about. It's rather hard for such a very public figure to be the real puppet master, now isn't it?

TreverSlyFox
September 9th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Even though I'll vote this time around, again, third party, I know it won't do a tinkers damn worth of good. No third party candidate can possibly win and even if they did there is absolutely NOTHING they could do except tear up a lot of Executive Orders.

Without and equal change in Congress a third party president isn't going to get ANY law passed or repealed. The system has been so corrupted that NO useful change can be VOTED into being by the people, even if they wanted to.

The only change that will REALLY CHANGE anything will be the voters VOTING from the ROOF TOPS!