View Full Version : Sten MK III kits - Archive File

Anthony
March 17th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Aggy
Frequent Poster
posted February 25, 2001 07:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could anyone tell me if it would be possible to buy a sten mk 3 kit from the US and send it to the UK as i understand theres no license required but does anyone know if this applies to the UK too? Or am i kidding myself for just asking.

Igenx
Frequent Poster
posted February 26, 2001 12:28 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if it's possible to get kits sent to the UK, but they can be bought at <a href="http://www.auctionarms.com" target="_blank">www.auctionarms.com</a>
I also suggest that you find a Mk. 2 instead of Mk. 3 kit. They are supposed to be much easier to put together. I have a Mk. 3 and I can see why- the shroud is a pain in the ass to weld to the barrel.

Aggy
Frequent Poster
posted February 26, 2001 11:55 AM
Thanks for the link.

blacktalon
April 9th, 2003, 11:31 PM
It certainly could be done. It could not however, but done legally. To send firearms parts out of the US you must have an exporter’s license. The UK is not currently importing the kits, so it isn't going to happen. If you had a really good friend, however, you may be able to get him to throw the parts kit in with a bunch of scrap metal and get it through customs like that. It isn't worth it thought. MK IIIs aren't worth the $65 they cost. If you HAVE to get a Sten (which are all shit) get a MK-II.

Side note, it is kind of ironic that you want to buy one in the US and ship it to the UK. They were originally made in the UK, and then imported by the US.

I_am_the_Black_one
April 25th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Machined parts amongst scrap metal i highly douht that it would get through customs

I got M11/9 parts into aus by having a friend send them one by one with a sticker on the frount Stating that they where from "D.I.Y Robotics" witha fake address So customs cant identify the single pieces Well it worked for me:D

----------------------------------------
use punctuation. - kingspaz

blacktalon
April 28th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Now let me get this strait. You are telling me that you smuggled a Cobray Mac-11 9mm into Australia piece by piece, and you were able to do so because Customs couldn’t identify the individual pieces. No offense, but this sounds like second post bull shit to me. I don’t care how stupid your customs worker is, a barrel looks like a barrel. The upper receiver of a Mac 11 looks like the upper half of a sub gun. The lower half looks like the lower half of a sub gun. It’s only two major parts! Give me a break! Robotics parts don’t need ejection ports.
http://www.nighthawkfirearms.com/0d447580.jpg Count them for yourself.
http://www.nighthawkfirearms.com/0ffbb860.jpg
http://www.nighthawkfirearms.com/13453b20.jpg

Now, as for “machined parts” passing amongst scrap metal. Have you ever seen a Sten MK III? They look like scrap metal anyway. The art to the whole ordeal is getting customs not to rummage around in your scrap. The original poster only wanted a kit so there is no tell tail receiver to worry about. Just throw the other goodies in some nice sharp odds and ends and no one would ever be the wiser. Another good idea is to make sure there is a lot of grease and other industrial sludge mixed in. Those losers don’t want to get their hands dirty. If all else fails, you could smuggle it in, in a 35 gallon steel drum full of used oil that is nice and black. Make sure that there is a nice “Toxic material” sticker on the outside and there is no way they will want to wade around in that shit. http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_f47875cb021d0b73122b81fde5ac3864/i-1.JPG

I_am_the_Black_one
April 29th, 2003, 03:14 AM
No its not second post bullshit I had all my posts stripped:(

I made the barrel and recivers my self and i did forget to mention that they where packed in grease. Lol I know that stens are scrap metal I was refering to my m11/9 the only thing that I couldent get thru is the grip cause it looks like what it is

I made the mag housing, recivers and even my own magizines (It was a battle with the springs :D )

Anthony
April 29th, 2003, 03:43 PM
So why couldn't you have made all the parts from scrap?

blacktalon
April 30th, 2003, 08:56 PM
You made the receiver, mag housing, barrel, springs and mags? What did you have to "smuggle" through then? That is 99% of a Mac 11. All that is left is the bolt and trigger group. If you could make a receiver and barrel, you must have everything needed to make a trigger group. (I once made a crude SMG trigger group out of mild steel with a grinder and a drill press...) So, basically you must have only imported the bolt. Woo hoo. :rolleyes:

I_am_the_Black_one
May 1st, 2003, 03:30 AM
I got the guts of it through the mail. Minus of corse the fire limiter:D
So how did you do the trigger did you have one to copy off?

zaibatsu
May 1st, 2003, 12:17 PM
He could have designed the trigger mechanism himself, they aren't difficult.