View Full Version : cetme .308, G3, HK91

phyrelord
March 21st, 2003, 06:42 PM
can parts be purchased or made to make the cemte .308 full auto. Can the lower grip assembly be purchased for an hk91 and will it fit on a cetme. Another thing i was wondering is whether or not the collapsible stocks for the hk91 will also fit on a cetme. Thanks.

HypersonicGamer
March 27th, 2003, 10:34 AM
Although I might not be very specific, I think I am answering the general questions.

1. There are loads of surplus semi-auto CETMEs, but obviously they cannot be converted to be full-auto legally. Of course it can be made full-auto somehow - a part could be physically made for virtually any firearm and converted to be full auto, but you might need a willing machinist (I wouldn't though, you'll get put in the slammer for a while if they catch you) - but I am not sure if you could buy a part for it, I mostly see them for AR-15 type weapons and AK type weapons.

2. EDIT: No, the grip cannot be interchanged. I had thought so before, but I remembered the correct interchangability. Just like a Mausers, they are the same design, the parts just don't interchange, I guess they have individual serials on them. The HK91 mags fit in a CETME, but not vice-versa.

3. I believe so, but remember, you can't put a collapsible stock on a post-ban weapon...I just remembered this damn rule :( .

The CETME/G3/HK91 platform is basically the same and HK did very little (if any) modifications (I think the sights were tweaked) to their line of CETME based assault rifles.

<small>[ March 27, 2003, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: HypersonicGamer ]</small>