View Full Version : Lego Guns

Cobalt.45
October 23rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
Found this while looking for something else: http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/07/lego_for_adults_make_guns.html

Hinckleyforpresident
October 23rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
Damnit, I actually saw copies of that book for sale at H.O.P.E. this past year but didn't have enough money to buy it... And crap! Now it's out of print!

I would imagine that such a "weapon" could actually have some potential malicious use if it were loaded with a auto injecting syringe dart.

slarter
October 23rd, 2008, 08:41 PM
Hinckleyforpresident,

Amazon has copies for $13.50. I just ordered one. I'll put it in the queue for scanning when I get back home.

sbovisjb1
October 23rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Damnit, I actually saw copies of that book for sale at H.O.P.E. this past year but didn't have enough money to buy it... And crap! Now it's out of print!

I would imagine that such a "weapon" could actually have some potential malicious use if it were loaded with a auto injecting syringe dart.

You were at hope. :cool:I will be going next time (and to defcon and possibly blackhat) We really should make a thread when events happen, so that members can meet up with each other. /offtopic

Killy
October 23rd, 2008, 09:16 PM
This one full auto :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORcytA4BVjQ

Its from book "Forbidden Lego", apparently not just one book covers this subject.

I always thought Lego is fantastic stuff (even built uzi-like lego gun like kid), technics is even better, but this is fantastic.

iHME
October 24th, 2008, 03:48 PM
LEGO technics are awesome stuff.
Loved building stuff with them as a kid.

I'd say that these LEGO "guns" are just entertaining curiosities, even with auto injecting syringe dart.
There would not be enough power to throw it at any usable distance.

But that does not mean that I would not want one :D

sbovisjb1
October 24th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Agreed! Hell the kids will think I'm God if I get them books and sets like these for Christmas. Too bad I will be doing it with them. :D :cool:

Killy
October 24th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Heh, if I had time and money for new sets I would build lego even now :-D

Technics is for bit older kids (above 7-8) so these plans wouldnt be so useful to little kids.

sbovisjb1
October 24th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Don't worry the kids are ages 7 and 11.