View Full Version : tyvek landmines?

Hundminen
January 13th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Has anybody fanticized about testing these?
Would they hold out in the rain/nasty weather I wunder?Very simple,handy.

nbk2000
January 13th, 2002, 06:15 AM
2 posts to your credit, and both of them new topics!

:rolleyes:

This is a Newbie NO-NO!

I'll leave the two topics open since they're innocuous enough, but no more new topics till you've got a few dozen replies to other peoples existing topics to your credit.

As to the question, I've used Tyvek for other things, and it'll keep out water easily. That IS what it's designed for. Vapor passes through, but liquids don't.

I'm assuming you're referring to the design in my PDF?

Hundminen
January 13th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Yes, in your pdf.
I feel this design to be quite promissing.

I don't wish to change the subject but I have a question to ask you:

In "Ragnars big book" I noticed the claymore he describes has the goods mounted in the concave of the pvc and not on the convex which is funny to say the least.

Anyway, say one were to store those mines for a while in pvc tubes, would it be safe to simply drown the mines in desensitizer?

nbk2000
January 14th, 2002, 12:09 AM
That's is the way they were intended to be stored, wet.

I think the reason ragner used the explosive on the inside of the curve, rather than the outside, is because being inside the curve would protect the baggie with the ANNM from punctures.

But since we know how to make solid explosives here, there's no reason for doing so.

I also noticed in ragners book that he didn't describe any terminal results of his "claymores", just that they made a loud explosion. Well who gives a fuck about how loud it is! We want to know how many penetrators made it within the 6' kill zone, what density, how much tissue it penetrated, etc.

I posted my idea for a more "conventional" mine design on the FTP (Toe Popper MK I). I've cast wax blanks for testing the self-righting and stacking. I'll have to wait till I get a dremel to carve a working wood model.

This one has the advantage of being a reusable design that can be safely stored and handled, and immediately arms.