View Full Version : Domestic violence abusers could get gun rights

phrankinsteyn
November 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Lets see how this plays out. This will be an interesting ruling. :)

Domestic violence abusers could get gun rights:

"The Supreme Court will decide whether people convicted of misdemeanor assault against their spouses or partners should have their 2nd Amendment rights restored because of a flaw in federal law."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-scotus11-2008nov11,0,2414660.story

Kaydon
November 12th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I say they should. 90% of the time the perp "didn't mean to," and it was an.. "Accident" so-to-speak.

November 12th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I couldn't be any more for it. Tenuous convictions of domestic abuse have been used to suspend Second Amendment rights for a long time. Besides, I think once you're out of prison you should get all of your rights back. If you're so dangerous, then it'd be stupid to let you out in the first place.

tmp
November 12th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Last paragraph in that article:
On the other side, the Second Amendment Foundation said the "fundamental right" to own a gun should not be taken away over a misdemeanor.

Tell that to the fucking retards who run the state of Maryland ! :mad:

festergrump
November 12th, 2008, 07:04 PM
...I think once you're out of prison you should get all of your rights back. If you're so dangerous, then it'd be stupid to let you out in the first place.

I second that notion. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say anything about ever losing any Godgiven right for any reason. If it's not in the Constitution or an Amendment in the Bill of Rights... it's not really a law.