View Full Version : "Terrorist or not" French government to go after explosive websites

mrtnira
November 15th, 2008, 09:23 PM
This is very recent, so there is no telling how it will run.

How the word revenue is used in French in the article, this is the problem of translation. However, the tone of the article is not about for-profit websites, it is about websites that give instructions on the manufacture of explosives.

http://www.ddm.gouv.fr/afp/francais/topics/internet/081114194443.alm3erlg.php
---------------------------------------------------------------
Alliot-Marie wants a "standby force" against internet revenue bombs

AFP | 14-11-08 AFP | 14-11-08

The Interior Minister Michele Alliot-Marie sent Friday to all police and gendarmerie training to organize an "active standby" to close internet sites hosted in France that would give revenue manufacture of explosives.
In this direction, which AFP has learned Friday evening, the minister request to deploy "great firmness" in this area, whether terrorist or not, when warning of revenue manufacture of explosives or devices in behavior.

"Once a site clearly illegal about its contents will be spotted by police or gendarmerie, it will be reported to the host, in return for the closing or delete content target", it was explained the Ministry of Interior.

If the host does not, the judicial authorities "will be seized", it provided the same source.

Thus, Thursday, the Interior Ministry has reported "Daily motion" a video showing a young explain how to make an explosive mixture was visible. The host in question "was immediately removed," said Place Beauvau.

In the case of a site hosted outside of France, Europol and Interpol will be notified ", it added.

It is the Central Office for the fight against crime linked to information technology and communication (OCLCLTIC, the central management of the judicial police) which is responsible for all alarms.

iHME
November 16th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Now, lets bet how many times roguesci has been reported :p

Seriously what is this censorship craze around europe? I don't like it at all.
And Daily Motion, they do have a fuckton of french users and explosives videos, especially in french. So this is no surprise.

joffe
November 16th, 2008, 09:49 AM
How the word revenue is used in French in the article, this is the problem of translation.

Sometimes google translation sucks. The word used in the original French text is "recettes", and in this context it means recepies or formulas and has nothing to do with revenues.

Rbick
November 16th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I'm just confused. My one question is: What does the French government think it is when it can tell people what they can and cannot study or know? The only reason the US hasn't begun doing these things is because the constitution at least delays blatant attempts on our freedoms. The European countries are not so lucky I'm afraid.

joffe
November 16th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Well, I can say, after having lived in France for 5 years, that the French government tries to do exactly that because they know what's best for you.
Check this link; http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Freedom-of-speech-in-the-French.html
Isn't it beautiful? But it has quite a few buts and exceptions when you look closer.
A short while ago, the French passed a law making it illegal to believe that the Turks didn't committ genocide against the Armenians. Personally, I don't doubt for a second that the Turks committed genocide against the Armenians, but what the f*ck. I don't want a judge telling me what's historical facts and what's not.

Alexires
November 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM
iHME - If it make you feel any better, it isn't just Europe. Australia is now doing it with the "Clean Feed" idea. It's bullshit, and gives me the shits. Can't wait to see what happens if it gets through though.

Anonymous unite!

iHME
November 20th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Just get a shell in europe/us and use vpn. And poof! You have your own clean line trough Clean Feed.