View Full Version : Effectiveness of stone/wood weapon

Disrupted Original
November 23rd, 2008, 03:13 PM
I made a weapon a few years ago that is basically a thick piece of wood (about 1.5 cm in diameter), split at the top and two thin slate blades wedged in and secured with glue and string.
how effective do you think this would be?
and any suggestions on how to improve it?
thanks

totenkov
November 23rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Give yourself a few whacks on the head with your "weapon" and gauge its effectiveness in that manor you fucking cave man.........BANNED!

Intrinsic
November 23rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Wow he figured out how to make an ax, that's very impressive. (A caveman indeed). Of course a more effective one could be bought at the local hardware store.

JekyllandHyde
November 24th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Wow he figured out how to make an ax, that's very impressive.

Not really - cavemen were able to make bows and arrows, use slings, smelt metal, etc.

Calling "Disrupted Original" a caveman is really insulting to our distant ancestors! :D

Killy
November 24th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Of course a more effective one could be bought at the local hardware store.

Guy is an idot, but the point of this forum is pure DIY, not to discuss things like "Why do it, when you can buy it bla bla bla...".

hatal
November 24th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Sorry Captain Caveman but Mr. Homo Habilis was faster on the draw, he is already the owner of this patent. Gosh, its so hard to be an inventor these days. All the good stuff has already been invented: the fire, the wheel, ... pointy sticks and sharp rocks.

Mr Science
November 24th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Yesterday they sunk to a whole new low. What a dark day for them. :D

Armee Universale
November 24th, 2008, 03:01 PM
hmmm
yeah i know, it's a stupid question. but did he really have to get banned for this? or am i gonna be banned for saying that?
i mean, it was in the water cooler. surely someone can still post in there? :S

totenkov
November 24th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Was this valuable question directed at me? :rolleyes:

I was going to ban you for simply attempting to contradict/criticize/question my decisions, but then I think I might also add failure to adhere to the rules, questioning a mod, along with such a feeble grasp of the English language to the point where it is almost nauseating.

There is only a certain level of ignorance or k3wldom that will be tolerated on the forum. When you see some of the high quality information and intelligence displayed on the forum, compare it to a n00b signing up to tell us that he tied a rock to stick, and then asking us how effective it would be.

:mad:

There is simply no place for these types of imbeciles on RS, see that you don't fall into that category. If you are still confused, PM me.

hatal
November 24th, 2008, 05:36 PM
hmmm
yeah i know, it's a stupid question. but did he really have to get banned for this? or am i gonna be banned for saying that?

Look, aside from the fact that it was the most pathetic thing ever posted on this forum he also violated a few other rules:
-First post, is a new thread.
-He joined on nov. 23rd and he immediately had to share his wisdom without any questions or (apperantly) reading the rules.
-Lack of grammer and capitalization.

I read that post a couple of times by know and still, it is what it is, pathetic. I laughed, I cried. (I miss NBK he would have cussed the fertilizer out of this gitt.)

Memorable quotes:

"I made a weapon a few years ago that is basically a thick piece of wood [...] "
- Yeah, basically thats all there is.

"how effective do you think this would be?"
-It is just as effective as pointy, sharp piece of wood, idiot.

"and any suggestions on how to improve it?
-Hmmm, I dont know. Why bother, the original is always the best!

No, no thank you! For showing us the WAY!

festergrump
November 24th, 2008, 07:01 PM
...or am i gonna be banned for saying that?

Were I a mod, I would have banned you for the lack of capitalization and never looked back.

As for the original idiot, WTF does he expect? Many thousands of years of improvements to stone aged implements summed up for him in a nutshell? How about a timeline dating flint, bronze, iron, and steel technology to the nearest century?

Perhaps he just felt like jumping in front of a virtual subway train that day. Now he knows what will happen in real life. Splat!

Killy
November 24th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Idiots deserve ban, discussing it is a just a waste of time.
Although, keep em coming, cos this is our real humour section.

Alexires
November 26th, 2008, 08:23 PM

If you know it is a stupid question, why are you wasting our time with asking it?

It might have been in the Water Cooler, but just because you are in the playground doesn't mean I'm not going to reprimand you for eating the sand and yelling at the adults.

I'm going to suggest you go and read the rules again.
They may be found here (http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/showthread.php?t=2473) and here (http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/showthread.php?t=3176).

Pay particular attention to:

"To sum up all of the above rules into one simple principle:
Don't waste our time."

As well as "for no one is indispensable here and such-and-such is a really temperamental bastard who might just get the idea that you are being insulting and vanish your ass just because he's feeling pissy at that moment."

We might not be NBK, but we have learnt from the best and they are rules by which we play ball.

Shame on you, Jorge. Shame on you.

sbovisjb1
November 26th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Oh kids these days. If he had smithed his own knife; I would have been impressed (watch out this summer folks ;)) But a pointy stick and flint. If he had fletched his own bow and made some arrows with flint heads and it worked; I would have been impressed.

megalomania
November 27th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Lowest common denominator problem, live and in color. Unless you are on a frakkin deserted island, or you are the Missing Link just unthawed from your icy cave, a rock glued to a stick is best left to TOTSE, or whatever grade school art class that project was made in.

I would be surprised if this guy could feed himself with a spork without getting cut, let alone actually smith a knife.

mike-hunt
December 2nd, 2008, 04:51 PM
Its also possible that this was a joke and every one missed it for what it was.
we all had a good laugh and now this joker is banned . Maybe he had something of value to add to the forum, maybe but maybe not guess we will never know.

totenkov
December 2nd, 2008, 07:25 PM
Joking around is to difficult to relay across cyberspace. This was not a joke, it was a pathetic worm who used ever cognitive braincell at his command to string together a dyslexia stricken one-liner that has no productive value whatsoever. What is so difficult to understand?

sbovisjb1
December 2nd, 2008, 07:29 PM
Its also possible that this was a joke and every one missed it for what it was.
we all had a good laugh and now this joker is banned . Maybe he had something of value to add to the forum, maybe but maybe not guess we will never know.

It would still be "trolling" if he was joking. Lets hope he was trying to incite something instead of being so functionally stupid.