View Full Version : anyhting i can do with a cap gun?

d_sturbed_1
August 8th, 2001, 11:14 PM
is there some way i can modify a cap gun?

CragHack
August 8th, 2001, 11:17 PM
you could use the cap gun as a way to cause terror. You could modify the thing to throw a spark into the barrel when a cap is fired. In the Barrel will be some AP, or AP putty. Leave the thing, with caps loaded, in residential areas known to have small children. Other than this i don't know.

------------------
"If you must, do it with intelligent people, at least they know how to talk to the cops."

HMTD Factory
August 8th, 2001, 11:42 PM
I used to modify those with brass pipes. I bought a metal toy revolver, throw away the cylinder, attach a barrel to it and play it with caps and blackpowder.

The "barrel" is a tube formed with several layers of brass tube, one size bigger than another, glued together with epoxy to privide
thickness. The breech is similiar to a cap nozzle like that of a muzzleloader.

So a cap is placed on the nozzle and powder is loaded from the muzzle, a spent cap is used as the projectile(the cap happens to fit the bore snugly). Pull the trigger and it will fire.

The keywords are "metal revolver", "blackpowder", "small charge", "light projectile", "test fire", "eye protection" and "thick mitten"

Have fun!

zaibatsu
August 9th, 2001, 02:31 PM
This is mmanwitgun's post on my forum but it crashed and I lost the post, so I'll repost as much as I can remember.

Basically it involved drilling the cylinder out so that you can fit in metal tubing with an id which fits a .22 bullet, and doing the same for the barrel, drilling out and fitting in a tube. Aparently this would work, and would not explode, in dreams anyway.

Anthony
August 9th, 2001, 03:21 PM
You'd have to beef the hammer up to fire a .22 cartridge.

I can't believe some decent information actually came from such a completely bollocks thread...

Brushburner
August 9th, 2001, 11:17 PM
this might be able to work if you could make the hammer better, but wouldnt the shell come backwars breaking the plastic?

what i would reccomend is buying a real cheap bb pistol, spring is good. and fixing it so a tube that a 22cal just fits in can be attached firmly to the end of the barrel. this would have to be fiddled with for the rimfires to work. a red rider i know can do this, but a pistol might be better.

Chaos A.D
August 9th, 2001, 11:20 PM
Maybe if you put in a heavier firing pin. the hammer would hit it and it would hit the round.

CyclonitePyro
August 10th, 2001, 01:46 AM
Hey Chaos, glad to see you here, beleive me about the acid?

Anthony
August 10th, 2001, 04:16 PM
This isn't Queerpier so if you two want a private discussion on an unrelated subject then you can go back there and do it.

"Maybe if you put in a heavier firing pin. the hammer would hit it and it would hit the round."

I've yet to see a cap gun with a firing pin. What you've just said is the concept of a firing pin, but other than that your post makes no sense.

HMTD Factory
August 10th, 2001, 09:12 PM
The case won't come back if the configuration is kept like a muzzleloader, but the loose cap used to set off the charge will shoot back and WILL ruin a PLASTIC revolver, like the cap ruined my earlier experimentals.

I already said "metal" revolver...I was like the second immediate post and it is real personal experience...didn't somebody actually read it? http://theforum.virtualave.net/ubb/smilies/frown.gif

A regular cap weight around only 0.5 grain...
as a projectile it's not gonna be a big risk
if the charge is toned down. You might even see a straight muzzle flash if the barrel is short http://theforum.virtualave.net/ubb/smilies/smile.gif

CyclonitePyro
August 11th, 2001, 01:40 AM
Sorry, It's not like I came here from queerpier, I recently joined there as a missionary to convert people from kewlness.

The_Coyote
August 12th, 2001, 03:55 PM
I have found that with a 12 shot cap gun...whether plastic or metal....if you bore out the chambers (has to be a revolver) you can a put .177 BB's in the caps (also has to be a ring cap) and when you shoot it it will shoot out the BB fairly well. It isn't very powerful but it is good when you are bored. It must be a 12 shot ring though because they have a strong rim to keep the hammer from just pushing the cap in the chamber.

SATANIC
August 17th, 2001, 01:17 AM
i know of a guy who tried to convert a metal cap gun with extra barrel etc. he used a full .22 round, and blew his hand off, and loss part of his eye, because it shattered.

It turned out (though i'm not quite sure) that he didn't completely clear the barrel (originaly blocked up)

really, i don't think it would be worth the danger of trying to convert a cap gun to fire real projectiles.

madog
August 29th, 2001, 12:48 PM
I had a dream that i converted an old plastic cap gun to fire bb's. In my dream i took a small pice of Al tube(about 1") then i epoxied it into one of the cylinders in the cap gun to reinforce it. let the epoxy dry then sawed off the barrell of the cap gun. I loaded a single cap into the reinforced cylinder, then i put a very small amount of flash, a patch, BB, another patch. In my dream i shot it at point blank range into a cardboard box and it almost whent through. works ok.

------------------
"True freedom is not without anarchy"

HMTD Factory
August 30th, 2001, 12:08 AM
See, the concept works as long as smokeless
powder is NOT used and powder charge is toned down.

I don't believe "slightly midified" toy gun will be safe firing .22LR : If anyone has manually cycled a Ruger 10/22 with hammer down...imagine the case provided the work in just 0.004 seconds.

madog
August 30th, 2001, 08:36 AM
I don't think that a modified toy gun can shoot 22LR or 22 short either, maybe it could shoot a 22CB. I was thinking, what if you modified a metal capgun like you did to fire black powder but with a bigger bore. And you used improvised ammo with a cap as a primer. You couldn't crimp a round like this though. You would need to load the ammo like I loaded the cap gun.

I found in my dream that BP doesn't burn fast enough for such a small application. the gasses were coming out of the breech. but then I started using a generic flash I make that burns much faster than BP and it works great.

------------------
"True freedom is not without anarchy"