View Full Version : AN-94 is pretty good

HMTD Factory
August 8th, 2001, 11:26 PM
Anyone read about the gun AN-94 (Avtomat Nikonova-94)? It defeated the latest competing AK design and was adopted by Russia in 1994. Rumor says that Kalashnikov used all
his political influences to favor his rifle but he still didn't win.

Man that's one design hard to beat(or come up with). It works on a principle called "blowback shifted pulse". At full-auto
mode It will fire the first three shot at 1800rpm, after that at 600rpm. The trigger resets itself so the shooter can keep squeezing out 1800rpm fast bursts.

Just to arouse your interest : the funny rifle has a metal cable and a pulley(sort of) in it; the barrel withdraw into the gun when
fired; the tube underneath the barrel is NOT a gas tube.

I think the Russian design is innovative and more accurate, plus the higher hit probability, without depending on electronics.

Anyone interested can read about this gun in
"SPECIAL WEAPONS for military & police" of fall 2001.

AR-15 Man
August 8th, 2001, 11:48 PM
Yea that rifle has lots of promise but I think Russia intends it for export. They don't have the cash to make the change. Also this gun in the 2rd burst mode will keep the 2 bullets almost in the same spot because both are fired before the shooter can feel the recoil. It has a reporicating barrel that adds in this apparently. Well if I ever go to the Machine gun shoot in Knob Creek, Kentucky maybe some Class III manufaturer will have one he will let me try.