View Full Version : Cheap delay fuse

oODarkVisionsOo
April 5th, 2002, 02:56 PM
I just ran accross something interseting this moorring and I have being experimenting with diff ammoounts but basicly
I took three fuses from some old(1987) fireworks I found in the barn and tried to make a little crater maker in a 35mm film can I took and crushed all the powder both propellent and stars and put them in the can and taped it up, but I wanted to make sure it would go off so I braided three fuse's together and they kpet coming undone so I put super glue all up and down the fuse waited for it to harden when out to light it and fter 2min the 5inch fuse quit burning only half way done where I had went over board. After further testing I found that a light amount applied to the fuse drasticaly added time to the burn rate form 1 sec per inch to almost 40 sec per inch. I just thought it might be helpfully if it is, or you try it and it works or doesnt please post your findings. Thanks J.

oODarkVisionsOo
April 5th, 2002, 03:07 PM
I just light it and it 1.48.12 to go and that was with a 5 inch fuse lightly dabbed all the way down with superglue *Nasty Smell* It did not blow but made a foot 3'6"solid shower that went from green to blue/green/blue I think I will try and layer the next one but I dont have a Digital camera but I will dig out the Poloroid and use the webcam if any one wants to see pics well Thanks J.

<small>[ April 05, 2002, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: oODarkVisionsOo ]</small>

Jack Ruby
April 5th, 2002, 05:15 PM
A Cratermaker, CO2 Bomb, Valcun Grenade, etc. Aren't made from Any thing but CO2 Powerlets(Usually 12g).

Don't use the tissue Paper fuse like is used on Chinese Fircrackers for you devices. It burns to fast and is unreliable.

The fact that you could make a "Noise Maker" from a film canister is not somthing I would Advertise.

I will help you out. When using Plastic Casing(ie. Film Canisters) put some Tissue Paper in the Bottom; The you powder; your fusethen more tissue paper. Then put the lid on. Tape it up tightly with
Electrical tape.

Fuse Either make some or Buy Visco. It is not that hard to find.

<small>[ April 05, 2002, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Jack Ruby ]</small>

Bitter
April 5th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Hahahahaha...I'd edit that 'plastic egg' thread if I were you, dark vision, or you're gonna get H.E.D.

BTW, homemade fuses should be a no-no unless in a life-death situation.

nbk2000
April 5th, 2002, 10:29 PM
Too late for him. :D

Jack Ruby
April 6th, 2002, 12:15 AM
Bitter

I disagree. I have made Homeade fyse many times. Once you get it right it is great.

Not as good as the Visco but Work quite well. like everything it should all be practiced before hand that will make you more effective when you need to be.

I have method I forget how I came across it but it makes a core burning fuse.

You then coat with NC laquer and you are in business.

I use Ping Pong Balls for my laquer for this. Why waste Smokeless.

BoB-
April 6th, 2002, 03:24 AM
Dark Visions-

Not to insult, but several online dictionaries are available, and a simple proof-read would make you seem slightly more intelligent.

<a href="http://www.dictionary.com" target="_blank">http://www.dictionary.com</a>

There are even thesaurus's that are linked from this page.

nbk2000
April 6th, 2002, 03:48 AM
Bob, feel free to insult the idiot because he's now nothing more than a collection of randomized magnetic fields on the servers HDD.