View Full Version : Bobby Trap Required.

Bitter
November 7th, 2002, 09:48 AM
A booby trap is required for defence of a room. The floor is bare concrete, but there is a table immediately to the right that something could be hidden under. The trap should go off as soon as the mother fucker enters the room. I don't want any fantastic bullshit. I don't want "tie an AK-47 to the door", or any similar K3\/\/1 crap. The room must remain relatively intact too. I want suggestions that are likely to be near 100% effective, can be built at short notice and would at least result in minor injury. I was thinking that a carpet-covered pressure pad with a claymore-type device hidden under the table would be perhaps the best idea.

DBSP
November 7th, 2002, 10:05 AM
First of all, a claymore is the best choise due to the fact that the room shuld stay intact. Relatively small ammount of explosive is needed and the effect is, well what could you say but dedly.

I you choose to use electric ingition there are an endless ammount of choises, if yo choose mecanical the number of alternatives are drasticly lowered. As you said a pressure switch could be sutible. There are off course more sofisticated solutions like, the doorbells you hear when you enter some shops(you know, when the light-beam is broken the bell rings). Allthugh that kind of soltions seeme a bit to complicated.

One thing you definately have to think of is your own security, the boobytrap has got to have a on/off switch on the outside. The acces to the swith shuld allso be protected.

Bitter
November 7th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Thanks. I actually had an even better idea- How about one of those timer switches that you plug into the mains to switch on your lights etc between certain hours of the day ? Connect the live wire to the inside of the door handle and set the timer. You just have to wait until it switches itself off to gain access to the room.

A-BOMB
November 7th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Bitter look around DIY store around Christmas and you might see a light touch switch which it a little metal plate that is wired to a light timer like device. So when you touch the plate it recieves a charge or it discharged and it turns off the circuit. So mount you claymore/shotgun under the table and wire it into the touch switch and to a trigger switch attached to the door. I had a similar arrangment awhile ago with the wire just soldered to a carpet tack on the wall near the door, to go in touch the nail then open the door, when you leave close the door and touch the tack again. And nice Avitar you got going there.

Korfaction
November 7th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Just putting a device to allow the entry at a pre-configured date is not exactly the same... I mean that just forbidding the access is not at all the same thing, and does not match the same needs.
If someone commes into your room and you don't want to, and you're angry enough to put a claymore inside the room, then I guess that person has really no right to come in, and that your room is closed. Then a simple system to forbid access isn't enough. You can go thru one lock, so thru 2 or more simple systems.
But, if not the case, just an open room that you want to secure for any reason, a bobby trap is maybe too much.

What I'm trying to say is you have to think twice about a solution that wouldn't match the problem: a bobby trap can bring you problems, especially if not adapted to your situation (which I don't know).

About simple locks, electronic or not, you can easily find on Google some links to systems for that, cheap and reliable.
What about putting a shape charge in the casing next to the lock: when the door is opened, then it explodes right next to the hand. A small switch is needed to disable it, another to detect the opening.

DarkAngel
November 7th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Could you tell us more about who and why?
Cause there must be a really good reason to putt a claymore kind of device in a room for defending it,but your a mod so i won't doubt about it that you just say something.
Have you already thought about a normall alarm?
Are you sure that nobody else (friends/family/etc)will acces the room?

A good way to defend a place for example burglars would be to trigger a smoke bomb in your house when someone try's to acces it.
So theres no view in the house,it would be difficult to normally breath in and doesn't damages the house (unless there's a dye in it).

A big can of CS gas with a panic button(? so after it's triggered it keeps spraying)on it could be attached on the wall above the door and could be triggered when the door goes open.

If your goal is to defend a certain item in your house,or you know that your enemy will check a certain place (like something that is stored in a cupboard)than only install the booby trap in the cupboard and let it be triggered when the cupboard is opened.This will also reduce the change that someone from the good side get's trapped.

A plastic ball claymore (stun grenade) could also be made instead of using BB's which will kill the guy.

After re-reading your post's name i noticed the word "Bobby" does this mean you expact Bobby's that need to be trapped :cool: or is it just a typo?
Cause it wouldn't be very wise to Booby a Bobby :D

<small>[ November 07, 2002, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: DarkAngel ]</small>

pyromaniac_guy
November 7th, 2002, 06:55 PM
instead of a pressure switch or a booby trapped light switch ect as suggested, by not use a simple magnetic read switch that you can buy at radioshack for 5 bux? the thing about the read switch is that you can place it along the top of the door way.. the closer to the hinge you place it, the further the the door would ahve to be opened for the switch to activate (place the switch really close to the hinge, and you may well be able to crack the door open and hit a hidden saftey switch only you know about to arm / disarm the device... also this would guard against someone peeking into the door, or possibly steping over the pressure switch (unless you got a very large one)

if you go the claymore route the mine should be placed so that it has a clear view of the intruder, ie if the switch is placed in such a fashion that the claymore goes off as soon as te door is opened a crack, and the claymore is right infront of the door (assuming an imporvised device with less punch than a true claymore) the door will sheild the intruder.. if the mine is afixed to the wall next to the door frame, it will have a clear view or mr. tersspasser when the door is only open a slight amount..

Bitter
November 8th, 2002, 10:56 AM
"After re-reading your post's name i noticed the word "Bobby" does this mean you expact Bobby's that need to be trapped or is it just a typo?
Cause it wouldn't be very wise to Booby a Bobby"

Yes, I know, don't rub it in. I did mean 'booby'.

Sorry about the vagueness of this, but someone broke into somewhere on my property and someone who lives here went to investigate and got attacked in the process, but is relatively okay (unfortunately, I wasn't in at the time and the individual concerned had better kiss god's ass and thank him that I wasn't). I suspect that someone has been here before and might come back again. I also think there is a chance that that someone might have some connection with drugs, hence the nature of the devices mentioned.

No, no one else will access the 'room' except me and an appropriate warning sign will be posted on the door. Thanks for all the ideas, I'll get onto it.

xyz
November 8th, 2002, 11:51 PM
One of the most simple ways of booby trapping a door is to hook up a battery and electrical ignition on whatever you plan to set off. Then get a clothes peg and put aluminium foil on the bits that touch when the peg is closed (the bits that usually touch the clothes), hold the peg open and wedge the two handle bits (the bits which you squeeze to hold the peg open) in the door. Then connect your electrical ignition circuit to the aluminium foil bits.

The disadvantage is that you will have to put it in place from inside the room and then leave through a window or other exit which isn't the door.

When the door is opened, the clothes peg springs shut and closes the circuit. You will probably want to use an igniter that takes a second or so to heat up (like steel wool) so that they get the door fully open before the device triggers (it would usually ignite whatever you are using as soon as the door was moved slightly and the door may shield the person from whatever is on the other side.

nbk2000
November 9th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Put the weapon outside of the room to be guarded, with the "barrel" being aimed at the door. It'll catch them fully on in the back, and no door to possibly shield them.

knowledgehungry
November 9th, 2002, 10:40 AM
For trigger I am thinking a battery attached to the door(inside) with 2 leads going down to bottom of door then the leads which are about 1 foot apart are each attached to a different thin piece of metal on the bottom of the door. On the ground about one foot inside put two more pieces of metal that, when the door is opened, will come in contact with the pieces of metal on the door, attach 2 leads to the pieces of metal on the ground and attach the other end of the leads to whatever explosive you will use. To disable it so you can enter put a piece of paper under door and open slowly keeping the paper under the metal on the doors to prevent the circuit from being completed. Just an idea if you do not understand ask.

Bitter
November 9th, 2002, 01:58 PM
That's a good idea- through the back so it can be hidden behind something.

Well I don't think the fucker will be coming back any time soon (if ever), but setting up a trap 'just incase' seems like too good an idea to miss. Perhaps a one-shot claymore/shotgun with a round barrel (so the shot doesn't spread too much and ruin the walls) with electronic ignition that can be 'made live' at a seconds notice by hooking up crocodile clips to the pre-existing trigger switch.

Maddoc
November 9th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Out of general experiance, booby traps tend hit the wrong mark, such as innocent parties whom wander into the area unwittingly, which means extra "cleaning" to do afterwards. Or, should the real "mark" set off the device, get injured and manage to make it away, you end up with a whole lot of problems on your hands.

I feel that the time and effort would be better spent setting up a simple security system to "silently" alert you to the intruder, so you can grap a handy weapon of some kind, eliminate the threat and go about disposal, should the situation nessecesitate such.

Harry
November 11th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Cyanoacrylate. Accelerator. Spray one, then the other. Use solenoids. Maybe non-lethal. Bonds in seconds!

Harry

rayad
August 30th, 2004, 05:29 PM
not the most harmful, but I found some plans for a motion sensitive airsoft pill box. I think i can post it herewithout getting smacked, so here:

http://www.unconventional-airsoft.com/projects/turret.php

load this bad this with a better sping and some steel BBs, could be a serious deterant.

PS, plastic BBs from this gun raise nasty bruises, so have fun

Trigger Mike
September 1st, 2004, 12:30 PM
How about one (or a couple) of those little battery powered magnetic alarms that go off when the plates are separated?wire in a flash bang or something with the detonator where the speaker would be.Something really loud that will go off right in the perps ear and blind and deafen him for a while?I managed to pick up a couple of those alarms for under a pound(UK£). You'd need to set up a switch on the outside to stop the thing from going off when you want to enter the room!

SweNMFan
September 1st, 2004, 01:45 PM
Partypoppers...But loose the streamers and fill it with something more peroxide..

Swindle1984
September 1st, 2004, 06:33 PM
For non-lethal booby traps, you have numerous options. You stated it was an empty room with a concrete floor and a table to one side of the door. It would be incredibly easy to rig a container of vegetable oil or a similar substance so that it spills across the floor and makes it extremely slick. The person walking in has his feet shoot out from under him and his butt hits the floor hard enough to crack his tailbone. Should give you enough time to react to their entry.

Another option is a motion-triggered device aimed at the door. Set it up so it only triggers when someone enters the room and the occupants don't interfere with it. A professional photo studio flashbulb would surprise and temporarily blind anyone walking in. An alternative is something like pepper spray, though depending on who is breaking in, that may not be effective since face guards and gas masks are fairly easy to get hold of.

Yet another option is to booby-trap the door itself. Connect the outer doorknob to a powerful electrical current so anyone who grabs it gets the shock of their life. Or make a metal contact plate. Most people breaking in SWAT-team style will kick the door open, causing it to violently slam into the wall. So when it does that, it completes the circuit and sets off the trap. Thus you or anyone entering casually are perfectly safe (so long as the door doesn't touch the wall), but anyone kicking/ramming the door open will get an unpleasant surprise.

Better yet, stick a claymore or large-gauge shotgun shell inside the door itself. Almost undetectable by most booby-trap standards, and nearly guaranteed to get anyone entering. Imagine the look on the guys face when he grabs the sledge, smashes the door open, and the door blows apart, sending shrapnel into his face and his sledge flying back at him. It should be quite simple to rig a system to set off an explosive or shotgun shell from inside a door. Make sure the inside of the door is more resilliant than the outside.

Similar to the age-old concept of putting a bucket of water above the door, put something like a spiked ball or hatchet on the ceiling so its swings down when the door opens. Just remember to duck when you go in or your face will need reconstructive surgery.

raptor1956
September 1st, 2004, 07:49 PM
Probably the simplest trick would be to wire the door handle directly to the mains power, via a switch hidden on the outside, then sorting the intruder out more seriously when you are alerted by the yelps of pain. If the floor outside the door isn't concrete, think about removing a square of floorboard, putting a rabbit/bear trap or punji stakes inside the hole, and balancing the boards on something that'll give way when stepped on, like cardboard.

meeks56
September 2nd, 2004, 04:22 AM
http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/grenade.htm
Maybe this could help. Just rig it up, some one opens the door and gets a face full of pepper spray.

(Learn to use fucking punctuation, and why not post plans on how to 'rig it up'? If I have to correct any more of your posts there will be an instant ban - kingspaz)

bipolar
September 2nd, 2004, 07:39 PM
well i would say definently go with a magnetic switch like alarms use they are made to open (or close) the switch when a door opens . you would want a normally open one and you can get them from radio shack or online the ones from radio shack have adhesive backs that install in seconds. and like nbk said put the claymore outside of the room so it goes off behind them when they open the door. but I dont think thats a good idea to use a booby trap in the situation your in. because you would go to jail if anyone gets fucked up by it and you get caught.

I would just cctv or one of those remote motion detectors and come up on them with a gun to check out the situation

Trigger Mike
September 4th, 2004, 01:24 PM
What about a length of piano, similar strong wire, securely fastened across the door frame at neck height?Or with one end attached to a paint grenade that will go off right in the perps face, after they get a the wire digging into their throat.
Attach one wire across the door frame and then another from one side of the frame attached to the edge of the door a little higher up so it get pulled tight when the door opens. Anyone entering the room would trip over the first wire, then fall onto the second which would pull the door closed in on them making it difficult for them to get out.

ninja42
September 5th, 2004, 05:23 AM
The safest way to minimize collateral damage to friendlies is to put a boobytrapped box inside a cupboard.A locked drawer or an extra door inside a closet under high voltage or rigged with an explosive device will need a deliberate action from your "burglar". when he has to breach two doors to get to your goodies you can assume he's not a friendly and he WILL be punished for that by means of a shock or a mouth full of shrapnell. It also enables you to put failsafe safety devices in it to prevent yourself from being fragged by your own toy....

ninja.

Dr.M
September 5th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Hm, if you want something that will kill him immediatly you should wire the doorknot, so if anyone turns it it will ignite a claymore at the other side of the door, so it will blast straight trough the door and if you hang it at +- 1.70m hight it will kill any human, unless he is not standing in front of the door, but still, who wants to enter a room that nearly blew him appart. Now since you want to get in :) i would suggest a hidden switch outside the room wich turns of the booby trap so you can enter safely.

redbull
September 6th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Have you considered using an obstacle instead? If you just want to keep someone out
use a guard dog and or an electric fence. amazing1.com sells modules for electric
fences for about $60 USD. There are alarm systems that have pepper spray
attachements that can be good to use. A flashbang close enough to not seriously
injure someone but close enough to make them shit their pants wouls be a smart idea.
I would tell you to use only professional switches from an electronics shop since this is
a permanant boobytrap. you can make a professional circut interrupter out of a mono stereo femlae jack and a assemble it yourself mono make jack. Just short the leads
and you have a simple, professional looking key. Remove the key on one side of the
door to enter and go through and put the key back in on the other side. The system
can be armed as long as there is a key in on one of the doors. Use an LED to confirm
armed/disarmed status. You can get as fancy as you want with the "kill switch" it
will be just like a car. Use a normally open magnent contact on the door. Everything
you need is at radio shack to build this setup. If you go normally open the design will be much simpler and therefore easier to defeat if someone knows what to expect.. but
im sure no one is expecting this so you're probally fine. If you wire up enough pressure
plates you can go that route... play hopskotch around the armed tiles ;-)

ninja42
September 8th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Why does everybody want a boobytrap that goes vavoom?
I really would use some silent way to keep someone away like the beforementioned gas,high voltage ,poison or silenced weapons.
If you would use it in an urban setting, the cops are going to be there quicker than you and not only find the purb, but also the goodies you were trying to protect from him (assuming you were hiding some controlled goodies).you will be charged for both....

ninja.

guerrero
February 15th, 2005, 06:01 PM
try it with this patent.

Jacks Complete
February 16th, 2005, 12:54 PM
ninja42,

who would be dumb enough to leave name and address behind after setting up a lethal trap?

If you kill someone, the noise makes sod all difference, since the smell will give it up in a few days, or the missing person's friends will come looking. A big bang when you are nowhere near makes no difference, except it will almost certainly alert you to something happening, since it will get in the papers. A subtle approach might mean you walk into something unexpected.

knowledgehungry
February 16th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Whatever happened to Bitter anyway?

Jacks Complete
February 17th, 2005, 01:39 PM
No idea... perhaps he left his business card next to his lethal trap & the body of ninja42?

Seriously, though, he has been around this forum for years - why do you ask what happened to him?

p.s. Hey, cool, you made Sr.!

knowledgehungry
February 18th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Because he isn't here now, and hasn't been for quite some time.

Jacks Complete
February 18th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Odd - try searching on his name, and you get an error!

Plus he always shows up as "guest" when he posts, with no count or PM facility...

Just one of those things, I guess.

knowledgehungry
February 18th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Bitter has not posted here for a very long time, it says "guest" because he is no longer a mod.

Tribal
February 19th, 2005, 09:55 AM
you can allways use several sharp objects connected do doors, that just fall to the head all leght of door whenever you open em, you can also poison them, and when someone comes in - 4 sharp blades swings to the head, you can open the door, by ducking... and then load the blades - when you leave the room, silent but deadly, even if the blades won't kill the victim, the poison will...

nbk2000
February 22nd, 2005, 07:05 PM
He did something stupid that brought pork attention upon himself, thus removing him as a viable staff member.

Tribal
February 25th, 2005, 02:50 PM
I've allways admired medivial style traps... Pits with blades, falling stones and so on... If a farm is available, it could be great if there's something to hide. Now we can use wired fragmetation grenades, Anti-personnel mines and so on...

malzraa
February 28th, 2005, 08:14 PM
I would suggest a poison gas generator. Door switch triggers KCN to drop into HCL or H2SO4 and produces HCN. An automatically closing door (like most screen doors, would trap the victim inside, and after a certain period, a venting system comes on and vents the gas through a catalytic converter, neutralizing it.

Jacks Complete
March 4th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Poison gas? Tricky, but do-able. You would need at least a fairly air-tight place, or a large excess of gas for longer than normal, as some (or a lot) gets whisked away by the wind. Broken windows or even breakable windows would be bad, and there would have to be no other exits, etc. or openable windows. Fast acting would be required, or at least no smell, or they would just break the door or smash a wall to escape.

Also, just vent to the great outdoors, then you just need a timer and an extractor fan (or a pair for fast clearing), rather than a clever, expensive system.

malzraa
March 5th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Thanks Jacks, you turned my mediocre idea into a pro one! I thinks a gas setup would be highly effective, and if the gas is odorless (like you said) then the lack of windows would be unnecessary.

Tribal
March 5th, 2005, 07:27 AM
I've just thought, that you can always use electricity to activate booby trap. My idea is a simple switch, connected to 12V car battery (hidden somewhere) and attached to door. This baby can make a bullet to explode, if wires are wrapped around the cartridge. This little thingy, howerer could arm something a lot powerful, like the gas or even without the gas, just a suppressed double barrel shothun (also hidden) , shooting both barrels at time for higher chance to hit.

Oktogen
March 5th, 2005, 08:10 AM
probably the best idea is to break a light bulb, stick a quickmatch to it and stick quickmatch to kind of gun, for example just metal pipe with load of black powder/flash ( BP + KClO3+Mg or BP + KClO3 + sodium benzoate) . On the lift charge I would put some lead balls or nuts and nails cut into pieces. That would kill the bastard. If you don't want to hurt him, use lacrymator ;)