View Full Version : Me is back!

Igenx
April 18th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Hey all... Know it's been a while since I posted (since before the move) but I'm back and kicking. My schedule has been a bitch this semester, too many classes and discussion boards for one of my classes. Do have two questions to ask that have come up since I was here last. How long of a length of pipe (1 1/4 in) is needed to make the barrel sleeve on a Sten Mk III? Nothing I've seen for the Mk III has that piece of info and I want to get the right length. Also does anyone have a good place to find plans for silencers? I rebuilt a nice old rife from the Korean war (7.62x54 M1) but the thing sounds like a damn cannon since I shortened the barrel. Also not quite sure how I'd be able to mount a silencer if I chose to, can't thread the barrel so best I would be able to do is a pressure sleeve clamped on it.

Azazel
April 19th, 2002, 09:36 AM
welcome back igenx... i have a CD compiled with all kinds of files i have collected on various topics related to things spoken of in the forum. I have a section on this CD of mine based on silencers/suppresors ... if you want i can email it to you... mmmmmm is that ok ? I also have sten plans... not too sure if they have what you want but i can send u those too... Its in pdf format...

:)

Igenx
April 19th, 2002, 02:19 PM
k... Created an account to get stuff from here sent to.
Should be safe to use, didn't require any other email to set up and I had my address run through a proxy to set it up. Plus a few more things.... :)
auto344178@hushmail.com
I already have the usual copy of Sten plans running around on the net. Mk II not Mk III. I picked up the parts on the cheap and figured I'd play around with them. Just need the overall length of the sleeve, template for the cuts would be nice to but I do have the machinists diagrams. Just don't know much about them.
Definitely want the silencer stuff.

BoB-
April 20th, 2002, 02:47 AM
On "my friends" design, the sleeve is the same length as the barell.

Azazel
April 26th, 2002, 11:15 AM
ok dude i sent u the silencer stuff

i didnt send u the Sten pdf tho because you probably already have it. enjoy the reading material dude :)