View Full Version : spudgun/microwave?

A-BOMB
September 5th, 2001, 03:26 PM
I have this old spudgun that never fired that good and a few old microwaves. And I was wondering what I could do with them then I remembered someone heres site that had a microwave ball lighting plasma gun that used a magnatone and 2 carbon rods and a capsitor and a co2 blast to shoot out the ball lighting and plasma. So here is what I'm thinking of doing that old spudgun I have I would drill a hole in the endcap and put the magnatone in the hole and seal it and get it powered up and going then I would fire the spudgun with no spud in the barrel. What do you guys think would happen if anything? because I don't want to do this if nothing is going to happen and any other ideas about this kind of device something along these lines?

------------------
live by the bomb
die by the bomb

BoB-
September 5th, 2001, 03:42 PM
You dont honestly think that your pipe will insulate the magnetron enough to not leak microwave radiation?

Most likely this will do more damage to you (literally cook you) than your target.

A-BOMB
September 5th, 2001, 04:12 PM
No, I just forgot to put this down that I was going to put the device in a 2" thick walled cast iron drain pipe.

I also was going to fire it remotly from inside a steel tool shed.

------------------
live by the bomb
die by the bomb

[This message has been edited by A-BOMB (edited September 05, 2001).]

Anthony
September 5th, 2001, 04:15 PM
You need a source of carbon for a plasma ball to form.

That's why putting powdered charcoal or BP in the microwave is fun.

A-BOMB
September 5th, 2001, 04:46 PM
What, if I took a piece of toilet paper and put powdered carbon on it and put another piece on top and put it in the barrel so when I fire the spudgun the paper would rip apart and put out a cloud of carbon dust in the path of the rays from the magnatone?

------------------
live by the bomb
die by the bomb