View Full Version : nitroglycerine - Archive file

zaibatsu
March 15th, 2003, 02:48 PM
Microtek
Frequent Poster
posted January 18, 2001 07:03 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there anybody out there who knows how
sensitive NG is relative to AP and HMTD ?
Also does anybody know if NG can be mixed
homogenously with nitromethane ?
With regards to the first question, I'm looking for first hand experience.

radar
Frequent Poster
posted January 18, 2001 06:06 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have first hand experience with NG, however, I made dynamite with it, my advice to you is DO NOT MAKE NG, make EGDN or PGDN, they are just as powerful and do not give you a splitting headache for 5 hours. As well, they are MUCH less sensitive than NG, and oh yeah, i would say that AP is a bit more impact sensitive then NG. I don't know about mixing it with NM, but I mixed mine with cornstarch and this made a GREAT dynamite, something to try would be 50% NM, and 50%EGDN, then mix this with cornstarch till its like modeling clay then pack it into sticks, it will probably stretch your EGDN supply I might try this and post the results. To make EGDN, use ethylene glycol (anti freeze) in place of glycerine, or PGDN (propylene glycol) in place of glycerine. Happy blowing things up.

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted January 19, 2001 04:14 AM
What a shit!
EGDN is AS sensitive as NG and even more volatile so the headhache will be there no doubts.
NG is about 10 times less sensitive to impact than CTAP and HMTD... but it is much more powerful and detonates readily even in low quantity...thus glass vessels when making it are potential grenades....
NG can make holes trough metal;what the two peroxydes can't.

Propyleneglycol dinitrate is effectively much less sensitive than NG but also very volatile...meaning headhaches.

------------------
"Life that deadly disease sexually transmitted".
"Chemistry is all what stinks and explode; Physic is all what never works! ;-p :-) :o )"

radar
Frequent Poster
posted January 19, 2001 06:18 PM
Sorry dude you're wrong, I have first hand EXPERIENCE with both of these chemicals, and NG gives me a much bigger headache, as well, I have found EGDN much less sensitive to initiation than NG.