View Full Version : A few things...

Tyler_Durden
May 6th, 2002, 11:04 PM
Misc. seemed like the best place to put all this... so here goes...

~~~ #1 ~~~

Any news on NBK v2.0? I remember a thread about it possibly being a DVD, as well as other stuff. Has it been updated in the last month or so? It's a dumb question, but it takes a lot of time to download it, and I would rather not d/l it again if I know there is no reason to. Anyway, I would love the latest on v2.0 if you have any news.

~~~ #2 ~~~

I do not know why, but I am unable to respond to the "group purchases" thread. I don't think I am the only one. It tells me I do not have permission to, I do not know why. Do I fail to meet some requirements? I am sorry if this is a dumb question, I am sure I am missing something right under my nose that would answer my question.

~~~ #3 ~~~

As for the group purchases, I will add my 2c here:

It is a fucking GREAT idea! I don't think we should limit ourselves to books in the long run, though. We should start with inexpensive things, like books (I am thinking the $30-80 price range), to make sure everything goes smoothly. If it all goes well, then we can think about more expensive things. Maybe software, etc.

I think this is just a fantastic idea... but here is what I think of it all: We should all contribute every time we can. If one time we are choosing between 5 books on guns, I will still contibute (as long as it's just a few dollars), even though I don't own a gun and the information is of no immediate use to me. In doing this, I just hope that others will assist in the purchase of something I want to learn about that they don't care too much about. Here is some of my reasoning for this...

Everyone think of what you have gotten from this forum. TONS!
Everyone think of what you have payed for it. NOTHING! (this excludes a few, and I understand that... but for most of us, we have not payed a dime)

Knowing what I have gotten from the forum, if I for some reason had to choose whether to...
a) pay $250 to retain everything I have gotten out of the forum (knowledge, files, books)
or, b) lose all of what I have gained

I would without a doubt pay the cost, and probably a lot more.

As much rambling as I am doing, I am trying to make a point: If we contribute a couple dollars to something we don't directly gain from, that's ok, because we have gotten so much for nothing already that it's doesn't compare.

Besides, I doubt there is anyone here that couldn't afford about $5 per month anyway. Just go to McDonald's one less time or something.

All that said, I hope as many people as possible contribute as often as possible. I will probably contribute every time so long as the fee stays reasonable.

((sorry for rambling... I hope the points I was trying to make made sense to you all))

~~~ #4 ~~~

I am reading a book: Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, by Stan Gibilisco. It's about 700 pages. Once I am finished reading it, I would like to make it available to someone that can scan it and put it on the FTP. I don't think there are any books on this subject, and some people might be able to get a lot out of it. I don't have the resources to scan it, but I can loan it to someone else if there is anyone what wants to. Maybe if the mods see it fit, they can be excempt from a donation or something for scanning it. Just a thought... and I would like to know what you all think of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler_Durden
May 7th, 2002, 09:49 PM
I am bumping this to the "Today's Active Topics" list for today, just in case that is the only way some would notice this thread.

Wicked
May 7th, 2002, 11:23 PM
that was fixed, I almost got hed cuz I posted a reply in this string.