View Full Version : Alarm?!

AfterRain
May 8th, 2002, 11:46 AM
I've been tryin' to read up on Security System/bugular alarms but no site really has an info, on how to kill the system... I need anyinfo on anything about them! Thanks...
You ever see Entrapmeant , How she turns the one alarm off with a remote, How is that done if its true?

Snipie
May 8th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Often it is easier to beat the sensors than the whole security system. Because if you deactivate some high level security systems, the security company sees that (they poll the alarm system every minute (or so)), and if that happens in the middle of the night, they will send someone to check it out.

The best thing to do is buy some sensors and try to bypass them. Start with the simple ones, like magnetic switches (I believe they are called read contacts).
To bypass simple read contacts you first check if they are N.O. (Normally Open) or N.C. (Normally Closed), they if they are N.O. you simply cut the wire, and if they are N.C. you connect the two wires together.
Some high-tech read contacts use a resistor in them, so you can’t simply reroute the wires. An other difficulty is that normally the read contacts are on the wrong side of the door (i.e. on the inside). So you have to make a magnetic sensor to scan for the read contacts.

An other option to bypass these sensors is to glue a magnet under the sensor, so no matter what happens, the magnet holds the read contact in the right position.

If your not familiar with electronics, I suggest that you buy some basic books and some equipment (multi meter).

O, and in real life it will be much more difficult and time consuming to bypass security systems than you see in the movies (unfortunately).

SATANIC
May 8th, 2002, 09:55 PM
the best way to find outbout alarms is to pretend you are interseted in buying one. (what i did!) go to a few alarm / security / general electronics store, and talk to them about what you want in an alarm.

If you pretend to be a bit dumb, they will speil off a whole load of crap, but ask the questions you want to know, like "so whenever someone opens the window with [insert product] attatched to it, what happens?". if he replies somethinhg like "uh, the alarm goes off" then you're at the wrong place. (yes, i did get that at one place)

Keep checking around until you get the gut who says "well, this is a mercury tilt switch, so whenever someone shakes the window, or tries to enter through the window, mercury will flow along the switch, joining the two contacts, and activating the alarm".

Straight away, you know that to defeat that particular alarm, all you have to do is cut the wire. ( If the contacts need to be joined to trigger the alarm, then all you have to do is find a way of stopping them comoing in contact....)

Keep going until you get all the info you need. If you are serious about breaking an entering, this is essential "homework".

AfterRain
May 9th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Yea, I do need to get alot of Books of electronics , i have 2 muti-meters, got them from 2 jobs. But I know this is prob not true,but if you've seen Entrapment in the beginin', the bitch deactivates an alarm with a radio transmitter, Is it possible to make one of these to do that? Ok this is all for now. O wait, Question, if you could get the main box where all the alarm shit is, all the boards and the like, could you open it up, and un-connect the sensors for that area you are workin' on? But the alarm would still be on,Would the alarm trip ? or would that alarm be by-passed? THANKS !

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Keep going until you get all the info you need. If you are serious about breaking an entering, this is essential "homework". </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"><--- Dude im a work in progress. Tryin' Shit, Learnin' shit. But my prob is that no one i know does this, so it's hard doin' all this readin', It would be a lil bit easier if there was a mentor type dude to help with ideas and what not,ya know...

<small>[ May 09, 2002, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: AfterRain ]</small>

drstrangelove
May 9th, 2002, 06:21 PM
If the system is older than about 1995 models it is possible to spray liqiud glue over the sensor. You will know its not working anymore if the red light no longer flashes when walk past. This is good if you only need access to one area.

Snipie
May 9th, 2002, 08:51 PM
It all depends on how good the security system is. Cheap security systems don’t have high level security sensors, and are very easy to bypass. But if it is high-tech than it is not that simple (sometimes nearly impossible). With high-tech I mean that the main box polls all the sensors now and than. In that case you can’t simply un-connect the sensors.

The best thing to start with is build your own security system.
From the scratch, design every single bit (except the sensors).
Than, after you installed it in your room, try to bypass it.
Than upgrade the system and try again.

Entrapment: Only if the security system was made to be deactivate by a remote controller, it is possible to deactivate the alarm system.
But even if the security system can be deactivated that way it is highly doubtful that you can make such a device to do so.
I mean, with some old systems (to secure your car or motorcycle) it was very easy, just transmit all the possible codes, and in time (sometimes less than 5 minutes) you got the right code and the car was unlocked. But the high-tech security systems on buildings use a key (not a real key) that changes every time you transmit something. So you can’t scan for the frequently and record it.

scizzor
December 15th, 2003, 11:19 PM
I used to sell systems for A.D.T. A simple way to disable the security system was to just find the phone line outside and snip it, therefore disabling the connection and it does not send any signal to the command center. Now this would be asked by the customer rarely every now and then(everyone should know the security system runs through the phone line) if they had a problem with that ,we would sell them either a wireless back up(cordless backup)costing them 1000 and up or just a (majority of the time)simple$40 phone tamper, henceforth the line is cut and the alarm goes off but no signal is transmitted. you can bet most the time they do not have the cell back up, but i have been suprised quite a few times! By the way, hello everyone, this is my first post, I am a new member and glad I found my way home.

kingspaz
December 16th, 2003, 07:25 PM
why is this in chemistry related?! :rolleyes:

flashpoint
December 16th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Well if you read NBK's section on blocking IR detectors with soap bubbles, that might assist you as well

priapo
December 17th, 2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by AfterRain
....but if you've seen Entrapment in the beginin', the bitch deactivates an alarm with a radio transmitter, Is it possible to make one of these to do that? Ok this is all for now. ....
Well, I haven't seen entrapment but I suppose that the "radio transmitter" they use a GSM jammer to avoid the alarm system calling the security company. Gsm alarms are quite popular here and that's why these jammers are used for.

nonstop
December 17th, 2003, 07:25 PM
scizzor wrote:
"A simple way to disable the security system was to just find the phone line outside and snip it, therefore disabling the connection and it does not send any signal to the command center."

But wont the security agency know that there is a system failiure ?
That they have no connection with the alarm/detectors..
Coz after all u will break the link between the alarm/detectors and the security company when cutting the line.

nbk2000
December 17th, 2003, 10:05 PM
That's assuming a dedicated line. Most places don't.

Cellular is possible though and needs to be jammed.

Flake2m
December 23rd, 2003, 02:50 PM
Security systems vary according to age, security level and setup.
A security system for a school is going to be setup differently to a home, as it would have multiple access terminals and more zones. There would be more active systemssuch as motion/IR sensors.
A home system is going to be much simpler and rely more on passive systems such as reed switches and locks.
It is best to try to stake out the place 1st before you try anything, to see if there is anything that you want and also to figure out security systems. Get an idea on how many IR sensors there are, where they are, also check out access terminals and possible escape routes (you don't want to get caught on your way out after a chem lab raid).
I don't know much about security systems but I do know that no system is unbeatable. I also know that the human element is often where security is weakest.

Efraim_barkbit
December 23rd, 2003, 04:01 PM
Personaly, if I where to become as desperate as needing to access a "restricted" location, I would try too minimize the risks, wich do not include bypassing an alarm.
Maybee someone has a special target, wich is located inside a "secure" area, protected by alarm. but then again, is the "pay" really worth the risk/effort of taking on a larmed site?

If it where to be done, What about cutting the power to the location? If it´s just one of those cheap alarms that just sounds a siren, it should work by cutting the power, but not with
those which are connected to a security company.

In sweden, we have those metal "lockers" everywhere in the towns. I learned somewhere that these contains switches/fuses for the power supply to small areas (couple of houses?).
these "lockers" can be opened with a ordinary "triangle key" if I´m not mistaken.

This would be a very easy way to cut the power for someone. I have actually been wanting to test that for a long time, just to see if it works. (cutting power, not bypassing an alarm, of course.)

vulture
December 23rd, 2003, 06:12 PM
I've got an alarmsystem myself.

Tamper with the electricity and it'll go to backup power. It runs 72hr on backup.
Tamper with the cables --> sabotage alarm.
Tamper with the sensors/siren/CPU --> sabotage alarm.
Hold the house owner at gunpoint and force him to type the code --> forced code --> silent alarm.

I don't know what would happen if you'd cut the phone line, but here in Belgium phonelines are buried in the ground, atleast a foot deep. Switchboxes are heavy duty and protected with special locks.

ShadowAlchemist
December 25th, 2003, 06:43 AM
In my travels i have found that most residential alarm systems are fairly basic.
2-5 IR passive sensors, 1 screamer a keypad and possibly a backup battery.
More than likely the residants are paying $2/day to have their system monitered by the security firm which means in most cases, when an alarm is activated, an "Auto-Dialer"(like a modem, usually independant line) literally calls the security command centre and alerts them to the alarm being triggered.
Now the common conception is that when you cut the power, the alram is turned off..WRONG for 2 reasons.
1. Most alarms have a backup battery which can power the system for 24-72 hours.
2. In SOME systems, when the power is cut, the auto dialer is activated and alerts agency that a problem has occured. more than likely 1-2 guards will be at location ASAP..
I have had much success with cutting phone line, breaking down front door, ignoring screamer and taking 5 minutes to complete task.
For night raids it is usually a better option to simeltaneously cut phone line & power(in that order-think auto redial) and then proceed to enter roof/window etc.
Now dont quote me, as every system is very different and i have only vriefly explained residential systems..Comercial is a different story alltogether!! (most have numerous dialers, which dial if 1 or the other is cut)
Now home invasions are a different story as well and are sometimes necessary to accomplish task at hand. How many people do you know that activate their IR sensors before they go to bed?? [WINK]
Dont do anything i wouldnt do,
Mitch