View Full Version : Small Blasting Machine from Will

Anthony
July 2nd, 2001, 07:54 PM
Will emailed a htm file and some gif's of an electric rocket launcher which would work equally as well as a small blasting machine for initiating explosive charges (2 maybe 3 charges in parrallel could be fired simultaneously without stressing the components).

http://www.geocities.com/eawfuk/mrl.htm

Will also says that the drop wire can be shunted for safety (against static, and [I think] ground/stray currents) by slipping a shorted 3.5mm female jack onto the male plug.

PYRO500
July 2nd, 2001, 10:15 PM
I have a blasting machine I built with 12 3300 UF caps at 40 V so the total is 80V at 19800 witch is powered by a bridge rectifyer and a magneto genorator and gives one hell of a loud spark and turns stranded wire to green balls of molten copper. I have yet to upload it and add it to my page. I will post when I do, but the picks are pretty crappy and small beacuse they are from a usb cam

frostfire
July 3rd, 2001, 05:29 PM
a R/C power panel can easily suit every blasting project

EventHorizon
October 19th, 2001, 04:55 PM
Just thought I'd ressurect another old post instead of making a new topic.

I hope to have pics to put on the forum of my new blasting machine. Specs include, self powered @ 14.4V/1.8Ah, 30KµF caps, keylock w/ "on" led, test circuit, and chargeing jack all in a 7"x5"x3" box. Later circuitry will include an A/B selector. "A" being instantaneous and "B" being timed with 12 different times being able to be selected. I'm planning on using a 555IC to trip a 10A relay, but I just don't know about the 555 for this application. I'm sure its been discussed here so I'll search it later. In the meantime, anyone else have some proven ideas in their boxes or pics, please upload.

------------------
"Chance favors a prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur
"Happiness is a large pile of links." - Me
PGP ID 0x147CEF54

Donutty
October 19th, 2001, 07:52 PM
I'm lucky enough to have an ex-British army Shrike DC Exploder (http://www.ribbands.co.uk/prdpages/shrike.htm)

Trouble is - I have no charger for it! I have a battery but nothing to charge it! Does anyone have any ideas??

On the subject of improvised blasting machines - I once made one from the flash board of an old camera, but it stopped working so I never persued it any more.

-- Just found that the original charger is 24v --

------------------
...AAGH! It Burns!...

[This message has been edited by Donutty (edited October 19, 2001).]

EventHorizon
October 19th, 2001, 08:53 PM
I think a simple charger can be made for NiCd batteries. Just a DC current ~500-800mA and 1V above the packs rating if I'm not mistaken. Then charge for the correct time. (i.e. pack rating/charge current=time to charge). I've never done it as I own a Maha-777Plus.

------------------
PGP ID 0x147CEF54

Energy84
November 2nd, 2001, 12:07 AM
Could somebody please post shematic diagrams along with pics on how to build these things please? I'm very interested since I'm taking an electronics course at school and have access to LOTS of parts http://theforum.virtualave.net/ubb/smilies/smile.gif

------------------
why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?

EventHorizon
November 2nd, 2001, 12:59 AM
The charger or the det box?

I've just completed (well, almost) my improved box. Pics to be forthcoming.

------------------
PGP ID 0x147CEF54