Author Topic: Mesc extraction problem - snot  (Read 2789 times)

a3d0a3m

Mesc extraction problem - snot
« on: November 27, 2003, 10:47:00 PM »
Swim is trying to extract mescaline from Peruvian Torch. So far, swim powdered 35g of dried outer flesh and added 500ml of dH2O. Then swim heated in a steam bath for 4 hours and lowered the pH to 2 with ~30% HCl. When stirring, the entire thing feels like goo/snot. Swim attempted to filter said snot but it wouldn't separate. Swim tried freezing said snot but that resulted in no change in the snot after thawing out. Any suggestions as to how to destroy this snot into something filterable? Swim was thinking that adding a non-polar solvent would perhaps break up this snot but has no idea whether it would work or not.
Thanks

SMACK_WHORE

try just using the snot mix as it is ie just...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 11:43:00 PM »
try just using the snot mix as it is ie just add ur non polar too it.the snot might get sucked into ur non polar or it could just sit there not interfering with swiu's experiment.be a real scientist and try some tests on small samples of ur goo....

fnord

snot extraction
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 10:01:00 AM »
yeah try adding your non poler or liquify it some mor to pass it thru the filter
byby im trypin

very hard
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 04:16:00 AM »
mescaline is almost the hardest of hallucinogens to try and extract. maybe the hardest of everything organic.  but there is a way if u can follow it.  u can pm me if u want the article if have but it is very not easy.  my suggestion is to make the "snot" into jello shots.  the best conceivable way to consume the most horrible tasting crap in the world.  once u've eaten peoty, nothing else ever tastes as bad.  good luck.

Oxygen

mescaline extraction
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 05:46:00 PM »
Why don't you basify the cactus goo, cover it with toluene, xylene, heptane, ether, or some other solvent that floats on water, stir it in a beaker for half an hour, allow the layers to separate for several hours, and pour off the solvent?

a3d0a3m

Possible solution and another Question
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2003, 08:26:00 PM »
I found on another site which has many extraction tips www.nansnook.com that pressure cooking will denature the slime and allow for filtering through t-shirt material easily. My problem now is that I have some snot with xylene on it... I tried to freeze and separate the xylene but some residue remains so I am afraid of putting a beaker that smells like xylene on a pressure cooker on a gas stove. Is there another easy method to separate this xylene from the snot? I was thinking maybe just attaching a plastic hose from the p-cooker vent and running it out the window or using a electric range or just setting the xylene/snot mixture in a container of hot water in front of a fan to evap the xylene. any suggestions as to the easiest way to do this?
Btw I started another extraction and am pcooking the water/cactus snot mix right now to see if it works. if it doesnt at least it does not have any acid or xylene in it so I could jello shoot it (yech).
adam

fnord

solevent removel
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 09:53:00 AM »
boiling it off at a low temp should be fine i used a simeler setup in my very first distilastion

if anyone of them could explain it,id give them sixpence theres not an atom of meaning in it. -alice in wonderland

hordeninedude

enzyme digestion
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2003, 07:41:00 AM »
I agree that you should just perform the non polar solvent extraction on the whole bunch of goo. But, and this is a shot in the dark, if your worried about the mucilage binding product so that the non polar can't get it out, maybe you should experiment on a small sample: Try adding pectinase( from a wine store) or some multienzyme tabs (from a health food store)-some of these tabs contain cellulase. Let it sit for a few hours at room temp then see if it liquified and extract it.

Dysprosium

Why not just blend up the whole thing in a NP...
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »
Why not just blend up the whole thing in a NP solvent, then bubble some NH3 through it to convert salts to freebase, then acidifie too ppt. There is a more in depth thread at the nook about this method.