Author Topic: methylenation  (Read 1230 times)

oldmeds

methylenation
« on: September 11, 2003, 11:41:00 AM »
SWIW was looking for an oldbee's advice or page links that further explain this technique and amount of the chemical required :

3880. Ethylnorepinephrine (ENE, ENS, Bronkephrine). Methylenation gives X PPA!

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/yadontsay/

SWIM would be very grateful for the help i am sure

Rhodium

"X PPA"
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 11:44:00 PM »
Noone will spoonfeed you with the info you request, as you need quite a lot of chemistry background to understand the answer.

1) First, the nitrogen atom is protected using any standard N-protection group which does not also add to the phenolic oxygens.
2) Then you methylenate the phenolic oxygens with any of the milder methods listed here:

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/methylenation.html#methylenation

3) Finally, the N-protection group is removed using standard methods.

There is no easier way than what I just listed above. Looking more closely at the molecule, the product would actually not be "X PPA" (presumably 3,4-Methylenedioxy-phenylpropanolamine), but rather 1-(3,4-Methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-amino-butan-1-ol...

oldmeds

ok so maybe
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 12:02:00 AM »
it will help some of the hive think about this easier if the actual chem name was listed(i just now found the orginal paperwork listing it)... the paperwork on the inside of the box states it to be synthetic sympathomimetic amine as :

[racemic 1-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-2-amino-1-butanol hydrochloride]

each cc contains 2mg. in a sterile isotonic solution of 0.5% NaCl with sodium acetone bisulfate 0.2% and chlorobutanol(chloral derivitave) 0.25% as preservatives with pH adjusted to 3.0-5.0 with NaOH.

amount available to SWIM in this theorhetical dream>>50 cc

oldmeds

thank you chief bee
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 12:09:00 AM »
i had not seen your post when i posted the chem name just now...

also i totally understand that no one will spoonfeed anything and SWIM doesn't like being fed that way to start with eheheh...it's always so much more fun and rewarding to eat on your own of course... in this case SWIM just needed a little direction about what to eat  :)

acid_egg

...so your saying you've got a whole 100mg to...
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 12:13:00 AM »
...so your saying you've got a whole 100mg to work with?
Don't sneeze when your dreaming this synth whatever you do! ;)

oldmeds

thank you
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 12:23:00 AM »
this is exactly the kind of post that SWIM was hoping for... basically the original point was not knowing the potency of 100 mg.. so not knowing that SWIM was clueless about the validity of the dream :)