Author Topic: ethylene glycol in pills?  (Read 3688 times)

jboogie

ethylene glycol in pills?
« on: October 13, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »
Didnt know where to post this but was important...
OCTOBER 13th WEDNESDAY
swim lives in a sunny southern state here in the us. this weekend, 3 old high skool buddies were admitted to the hospital after ingesting beans/rolls/pressed pills. while only 1 of the guys is critcal, all three were treated for ethylene glycol toxicity. swim knows the guys well enough to chat with one. he swears they werent doing anything else, sep for beers. the one friend who is critical ingested the most pills (4) and is now suffering from a collapsed lung and kidney failure; 40% chance of living.
THE PILLS IN QUESTION WERE BLUE/GREEN...NO BEVEL...NO PRESS...LARGE-NOT LIKE A LUDE BUT MORE LIKE AN ASPIRINE...A POWEDERY FINISH/NO GLOSS COATING...
i will try to find out if these pills are localized or on the market round; gonna call miami and atlanta.
I dont know about ethylene glycol; i dont know if it can bee in a powdered form. all i know is that these pills should bee skipped if seen.
Sorry for the outta forum post; just tryin to bee nice.

r2e3

that is harsh
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »
and i am sorry to hear it.

your buddies must have been huffing solvents or drinking something they shouldnt be. it is a liquid and a substantial amount is needed to cause such severe toxicity.

i hope he is okay but remember, cheap is generally nasty

jboogie

my feeling exactly. cheap is not always ...
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »
my feeling exactly. cheap is not always better. down south, we see a large quantity of mass produced pills that are paraded as molly, but thy are commonly the pma-dxm-nothing variety. most often, these pills are sold for cheap and flipped over and over.
i dont know if was actully antifreeze, but thats the symptoms thet were being treated for. i didnt think antifreeze could bee a powder, either. I still beelieve the culprit to bee the ?able pills. it maynot bee antifreeze, but it aint 3-4,m!