Author Topic: Gemini bottle refinement -dwarfer  (Read 2383 times)

dormouse

Gemini bottle refinement -dwarfer
« on: April 25, 2000, 01:16:00 AM »

the Hive BB
  Novel Discourse
  Gemini bottle refinement

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic 
Author  Topic:   Gemini bottle refinement 
dwarfer
Hive Bee   posted 02-07-2000 03:50 PM           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In constructing the Gemini Bottle, glue the end on with the addition port (threaded fitting) first.
Then, before gluing in the plug, (other end to constitute the bottom:

reach end and silcone a "taper" to the central hole.

Now, when assembled and used, the contents will flow out of the port when inverted, and not "hang up" in the impossible to access corruscations and interstices which constitute the structure of the reinforcement webbing on the inside of the reducer fitting.

(Twould be a shame to have palladium/C powder hang up in there: let alone anything else. )

=========================

Being more curious about pressures in side the bottle, the pressure guage was affixed.

Interestingly, a mix of 5% H2SO4 in primary alcohol, with sufficient 400 grain aluminum, did not generate pressure when recapped.

Being pissed, i took out the pressure guage, and doubled the amount of acid: and added more Al also.

Still no pressure.

SCREW IT: I went ahead and placed it in the ultrasonic cleaner, turned it on and left.

A few hours later I checked and the pressure was at 6oPSI. (As it was 4 hours later.)

Seems like the acid takes a significantly longer time to generate H2 with Al in alcohols as compared to NaOH:

if this is apparently obvious from looking at the chemical reactions, it has escaped me.

QUESTION 1
==========

Why does the sulfuric acid react to produce H2 slower than NaOH??

QUESTION 2
=============

in a reaction where the sulfuric is used as a catalyst and as a reactant to produce H2, how do you figure what %age to use?? if you put in too much it seems it would dimerize the output: causing efficiency reduction.

What is the minimum %age sulfuric needed as a catalyst in (for theoretical example) 5 grams of ephedrine freebase in 100 ml primary alcohol assuming 60PSI H2 pressure and 3 hours time?? (about 120degrees F.)

==================

thanks
dwarfer

gemini33
Hive Bee   posted 02-07-2000 06:25 PM           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dwarfer:
you said: "In constructing the Gemini Bottle, glue the end on with the addition port (threaded
fitting) first.

Then, before gluing in the plug, (other end to constitute the bottom:

reach end and silcone a "taper" to the central hole.

Now, when assembled and used, the contents will flow out of the port when inverted,
and not "hang up" in the impossible to access corruscations and interstices which
constitute the structure of the reinforcement webbing on the inside of the reducer fitting.

(Twould be a shame to have palladium/C powder hang up in there: let alone anything
else. )"

This wouldnt have anything to do with that jpg now would it? yes, you know the one...

Dwarfer?

never mind, I don't want to know...I am in enough troubles with Worls as it is, always...BTW, If you see that crazy wizard tell him to leave his jammies, but bring his hose on over for me, he'll know the one to bring, and tell hinm to hurry... would ya puhleease...? Thanks

gem33

Stonium
Hive Bee   posted 02-07-2000 07:51 PM           
Ya'lls phuckin' crazy! I didn't do it dwarferino, it were gemini33. Bad girl gem, bad girl!
LOL,
Stoni

dwarfer
Hive Bee   posted 02-07-2000 08:24 PM           
GEEZE Geminetic: whadya do?? Looked to me like the JPG showed a HAPPY hose. Well housed, that's fer sure.
===========================

I'm sure he will forgive you for WHATEVER trespasses you have committed. I mean, he IS the Hon. Mr. Worlock, Master of the Nurturing Way, nicht war??

=============================

And if JAMMIES is needed to do THAT jammin' as shown, maybe you be better advised to ask Mr. W. to BRING his jammies. And KY too, I'd be saying!

=============================

DAMN that Stoni do get around: I personally think she's just about responsible for MOST mischief here at the hive.

Like a Puck: going around looking for trouble: Illicitly recording people in their most secretive moments: casting pearls of great beauty onto the hogpile of life.

Oh well: what's life about. KISS KISS????

dwarfer
Hive Bee   posted 02-07-2000 08:27 PM           
HEY Gemini:
you know i named this device after you, don't you??

not QUITE as curvacious, but a high-pressure happiness maker, fer sure.

Damn: here we go off on a side trip again: (sigh) wunner if I'll get my questions answered by the intelligentsia??

oh well: sex is better anyway

gemini33
Hive Bee   posted 02-07-2000 09:30 PM           
Dwarfer you really are a trouble maker arnt you....

Worlock knows I only have eyes for him...he knows i tell ya, he does....(psst hey Worls, c'mer...I wanna show you something, I think you will like it...) XOXOXOX Gem

Osmium
PimpBee   posted 02-08-2000 05:58 AM           
Dwarfer, not that I really care what you do in your free time, but couldn't you just post a drawing of that little shitty device? And a pic or two? I'm lost on your design principles. I guess it will never work anyway, but I'm interested what makes you waste so much time of your limited time on earth.
Silly pygmies.

dwarfer
Hive Bee   posted 02-08-2000 02:42 PM           
Osmium, just because its you and I have such an enduring respect and admiration for your beingness:
( although I do regret the stretched circumference of the various Stoni orifices that I've nosed)

I'll do digitized photographs of a few recent constructs.

===================

(Although it DOES make one wonder about [snort!] the difficulty of envisioning an essentially 3 piece complicated gizmo like this.{once more from the bottom}

end plug......................
pipe joint fitting............
reducer fitting to 3/4 "......

and then either a poppett blow off ($11) or added pressure guage. ($12)

=====================

Then I'll have to figure out how to post them without having to go through the "picture wanters" routine I did last year

=====================

Maybe I can get some compassionate, nurturing person to tell me how to do that.

regards,
dwrfr

dwarfer
Hive Bee   posted 02-08-2000 02:44 PM           
An it's toooo late for it to never work

Osmium
PimpBee   posted 02-09-2000 05:52 AM           
Dwarfer, lemme tell you that I HATE to find traces of poorly purified meth in Stoni's stretched orifices. That taste is evil, and she complains it's itching too. Now post those pics and shut up before I have to lock all your threads. They are meth related anyway!

dwarfer
Hive Bee   posted 02-09-2000 01:09 PM           
What???
Who EVEN mentioned meth 'cept you??

This is a "novel" device for, uh, pickling brine shrimp??

Tell you what: I'll take pictures and put them in a document iterating construction steps, and E MAIL it to you: if you can find some bitchin' way to get them posted cool:

this I can do with little further ado: otherwise I'll have to figger out how to do the
FJ or Hon. Mr. Worlock web site stuff: which will take more time.

=====================

HMMFF: the stuff you been findin' in Stonified's orifices is indicative of a 3rd intruder therein: i value my nose too much to abuse it with irritating substances. It's designed for delicated snuffling of slippery substances

===================

Thass' why i always have my widdow glass pipe (Suckertube) wid' me.. and one of them groovey butane jetflame lighters.

Who is it Stoni

damn trollup!

Osmium
PimpBee   posted 02-10-2000 06:59 AM           
Oh I thought you left that shit in there? Strange strange.
Now listen you silly short one you, it can't be that difficult to scan a pic, make a drawing, avi or whatever and upload that pic to one of the uncountable tripod/geocities sites out there and link to it from here. We don't need another tweaker page, especially not yours pygmy. So go ahead and do it.

dwarfer
Hive Bee   posted 02-10-2000 07:25 PM           
what a meanie!
OK OK

grumble grumble ..next week fer shure

All times are CT (US)
 next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
    Hop to: Select a Forum or ArchiveList of Forums:General DiscussionNewbie ForumAcquisition DiscourseChemistry DiscourseMethods DiscourseNovel DiscourseCrystal MethSerious Chemistry ForumThe Hive CouchAdmin Chill-out TentList of Archives:Couch ArchivesClassics!Law and OrderThe litter box.misc. PEAs  

Contact Us | the Hive