Author Topic: GHB? who knows -Jedi Knight  (Read 2587 times)

dormouse

GHB? who knows -Jedi Knight
« on: April 23, 2000, 04:43:00 AM »
Author  Topic:   GHB? who knows 
Jedi Knight
unregistered   posted 07-01-99 11:19 PM           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This punk friend of mine obtained some 2(3H) furanone A.K.A. gamma butyrolactone liquid. Made by some shitty health company. He thought about trying the following syntheses.....
Pour 200ml GBL in a pyrex pan...
allow to boil
slowly add in NaOH (about 25g pre mixed with warm H20)...starts to act all violent crazy and shit...
add in 100ml of vinegar to lower pH (dont seem to lower any)...then add in methyl alcohol....stir..stir...stir...wait...stir...turn heat to low.....finish drying with hair dryer (he'll have to take it away from his ho sister) and it turns to thick powdery clumps.....What is this??????

-Rude Jedi Knight Storm trooper hater.

sunlight
Member   posted 07-02-99 02:43 AM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find kitchen or advanced synthesis of GHB in Lycaeum or in Rhodium's page(Lycaeum as well).
The synthesis is bad, it's a nonsenese to add methanol when the pH is lowered to 7, then won't be more rxn, and you only have added a poisson to your GHB.
Don't add methanol, don't use methanol. That synthesis is crazy, dry the methanol with a hair dryer: you will breath the methanol fumes, and they are really bad, and if you take it you can even get blind...
My tip is to use the kitchen syntesis in the Lycaeum, very easy, and very good.

sunlight
Member   posted 07-02-99 02:52 AM          
The powder is the GHB mixed with the unreacted butyrolactone and the salt formed (sodium acetate) in the rxn, with the other things in the vinager. You must dry it absolutely from methanol, for your health. GHB powder will absorb water very soon, and the best idea is to dissolve it in water.
You don't seem to have great lab skill or knowledge, forget that way and use the Lycaeum kitchen synthesis.

Osmium
Member   posted 07-02-99 03:15 AM          
sunlight is right. Use one of the many proven kitchen synths. They will work much better. Your NaOH/GBL ratio is wrong, too.
I prefer the following:
Dissolve NaOH or KOH (preferred by me) in some water. Temp will rise to 80°C or higher. To the hot caustic solution GBl is slowly added. Stir with a thermometer. The GBL will form a layer, so don't add too much too fast. Temp will climb even more. Don't let it get much hotter than 90 or 95. When the theoretic amount of GBL has dissolved, check the pH using several different high-quality papers. You are aiming for a pH of 8. If it is higher, add some more GBL, if it is lower, add some more base. Let it stand for a day or so and recheck pH, adjust as necessary. Check taste and dilute to the desired concentration.

ghbee
Member   posted 07-02-99 11:26 AM          
O-
i learned that the acid or base is always added to the rxn mix, not the other way around. lets not teach the bee bad lab techniques when meOH ahs already been added to the mix. but all are right, Rhodiums page is an excellent source of info. my personal favorite(KOH is supposed to taste like licorice, ive heard, but ive never tried it...) _always_ mix the gbl and base in _equimolar proportions_, (i.e., 500 g gbl:235 g NAOH). add the base to a minimum of H2O, heat the lactone to 100C, drip in base w/o splashing, and check pH. should be 7-7.5. the only reason to _ever_ add methanol would be to produce a methyl ester, and no H2SO4 was present in the pot, so thats not it. dont mix with alcohol or cocaine and your fine. happy swimming!

Sky
Member   posted 07-02-99 09:40 PM          
I have tried many of the synthisis in the hive. I've breathed HCL gas , Ammonia, acetone, toluene, methanol, I've even ingested small amounts of each by not throughly cleaning the finished product. I,m not trying to be a smart ass but I still can see. What is the threshhold of how much Methanol can accidently be ingested before blindness sets in?

sunlight
Member   posted 07-05-99 08:12 AM          
I think that is not a good idea to take a product with methanol till you get blind to know the answer.
I know a case of a girl that is blind because she took methanol in order to kill herself. I think she drank
It's interesting to avoid breathing any fume in the lab. Usually one breaths a bit of solvents, methanol, ethanol, CH2Cl2, toluene, of course, but it sould be minimized, if not in a few years you can become really sick.

sunlight
Member   posted 07-05-99 08:16 AM          
I think that is not a good idea to take a product with methanol till you get blind to know the answer.
I know a case of a girl that is blind because she took methanol in order to kill herself. Probably you need more than you can ingest accidentally, but if you have ghb not well dried with methanol, you can take "accidentally" a good amount of it.
The question here is that the common kitchen synthesis are enough. My first GHB was done refluxing with methanol, drying the product to give pure GHB dust. I've never done it again, I tried a kitchen synthesis and it was perfect.
It's interesting to avoid breathing any fume in the lab. Usually one breaths a bit of solvents, methanol, ethanol, CH2Cl2, toluene, of course, but it sould be minimized, if not in a few years you can become really sick.